LinkedIn loading slow is a common problem that can manifest as lagging pages, unresponsive features, and difficulties in navigating the platform.
This page covers all of the tested and proven solutions for how to fix lagging LinkedIn, in addition to some tips for how to prevent LinkedIn from loading slowly in the future.
Note: The following tips on resolving problems with LinkedIn running slow will fix the issues with the website, Android, and iPhone versions of the LinkedIn app.
Why is LinkedIn So Slow?
LinkedIn slowdowns are usually caused by:
- Network Issues: Poor internet connectivity affects LinkedIn’s loading speed.
- Accumulated cache data may hinder the platform’s performance.
- Outdated Browser: Using an outdated browser version can lead to compatibility issues.
- Too Many Browser Extensions: Excessive extensions may interfere with LinkedIn’s functionality.
- LinkedIn is experiencing downtime
How To Fix a Slow LinkedIn?
Here are the best solutions for how to fix a slow LinkedIn.
1. Check if LinkedIn’s down. The LinkedIn service could be experiencing a server outage or other technical issues. If LinkedIn is experiencing downtime, you’ll just have to wait for LinkedIn to resolve the issue.
2. Check your internet connection. The quickest way to do this is to open another app or website that needs an internet connection.
If Wi-Fi is slow or down, switch to cellular. If cellular is slow or down, switch to Wi-Fi. The process of switching between Wi-Fi and Cellular connection depends on your platform: Android, or iPhone.
3. Clear Browser Cache and Cookies: Clearing your browser’s cache and cookies can remove temporary files that may be causing performance issues with LinkedIn.
Clear cache quickly via Ctrl+Shift+Del (Windows) or Command+Shift+Delete (Mac). Otherwise, try your browser’s Settings, Privacy, or Advanced options.
Tip: You can perform a hard reload of LinkedIn to bypass the browser’s cache and force it to download the latest version of the pages. To do this, hold down the Shift key and press F5 (Windows) or Command + Shift + R (Mac).
4. Disable extensions or add-ons: Temporarily disable any browser extensions or add-ons, especially those related to social media or privacy, and check if LinkedIn performance improves. If the slowness disappears, re-enable extensions one by one to identify the culprit.
On Google Chrome: Click the three dots in the top right corner > More tools > Extensions
On Firefox: Click the three lines in the top right corner > Add-ons > Extensions
On Safari: Click Safari in the top menu bar, then select Preferences > Extensions
Tip: Open LinkedIn in incognito mode to eliminate any interference from browser extensions or cookies. If LinkedIn performs faster in incognito mode, it suggests an extension or cookie is causing the slowness.
5. Update Browser Version: Ensure you are using the latest version of your web browser. Outdated browsers may have compatibility issues with LinkedIn, leading to performance problems. Download and install the latest updates for your browser from its official website.
On Google Chrome: Click the three dots in the top right corner, then select Help > About Google Chrome.
On Firefox: Click the three lines in the top right corner, then select Help > About Firefox.
On Safari: Click Safari in the top menu bar, then select Preferences > General > check the box next to Automatically check for updates.
Tip: Simply close any LinkedIn tabs that you’re not using. The more tabs you have open, the slower LinkedIn will be.
8. Clear the LinkedIn app cache on your Android device or clear the cache on an iPhone. This can sometimes resolve LinkedIn app lagging issues caused by corrupted or outdated app data.
9. Uninstall and reinstall the LinkedIn app. If nothing else has worked to this point to fix LinkedIn loading slowly, take the time to completely uninstall LinkedIn from your Android or iPhone. Then reinstall the LinkedIn app on your device.
10. Report the Issue to LinkedIn: If none of the above solutions resolve the slowness, contact LinkedIn’s support team and report the issue. They can investigate the problem and provide further assistance.
Clear your Safari cache and cookies. Disable any extensions you’re not using. Update Safari to the latest version.
Ensure you have a strong internet connection. Clear your browser’s cache and cookies. Reduce the video quality settings.
Was this page helpful?
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization.He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
With a passion for technology and a natural aptitude for understanding consumer behavior, Jasper has built a successful career in blogging.He has been quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures. With his thick-rimmed glasses and geeky demeanor, Jasper is a true tech nerd at heart.
You can read more about the team here.