This guide provides tested solutions to fix the Tomb Raider Remastered screen flickering or tearing problem on PS5 and prevent it from happening again.
How to Fix Tomb Raider Remastered Screen Flickering or Tearing on PS5
Here are the best solutions for how to fix the Tomb Raider Remastered screen flickering or tearing issue on PS5.
1. Restart your PS5. A simple reboot can clear temporary glitches and refresh the system.
- Press the PS button on your PS5 controller, then select the Power icon from the menu.
- Choose Restart PS5 and wait for the system to reboot.
- Avoid unplugging the power cable from your console during this process.
2. Update Tomb Raider Remastered. To ensure your Tomb Raider Remastered is up to date, follow these steps to check for updates.
Although the game typically updates automatically when your console is online, occasionally updates may not be complete. Manually updating can help prevent issues with outdated versions.
- Navigate to the PlayStation home screen.
- Navigate to Games and select Tomb Raider Remastered.
- Press the Options button on the controller.
- Select Check for Update.
- If an update is available, follow the on-screen instructions to install it.
- Wait for the update to complete, then reboot the console.
- You can also manage saved data, game data, and add-ons as needed.
3. Check for system software updates. Ensure your PS5 system is up to date by manually checking for software updates.
Outdated system versions can lead to bugs, instability, and program conflicts. Updating to the latest software version improves performance and reduces issues.
- Navigate from the home screen to Settings.
- Select System > System Software.
- Choose System Software Update.
- Select Update Using Internet.
- Wait as the PS5 checks for updates.
- If available, the update will download and install automatically.
4. Ensure your PS5 isn’t overheating. Overheating is common in consoles and can cause screen flickering. PS5 games are graphics-intensive, leading to overheating issues.
This can result in screen flickering or tearing during gameplay. If the console’s temperature exceeds safe limits, it may crash at startup and shut down to prevent hardware damage.
To check for overheating.
- Touch your console to see if it’s uncomfortably hot, like a frying pan.
- Listen for any unusual, louder sounds from the console’s cooling fan.
- Watch out for warning notices on the display indicating overheating.
- Frequent crashes and shutdowns may also signal overheating issues.
5. Turn off performance mode. To check if the Tomb Raider Remastered game is still flickering, try turning off performance mode on your PS5 console. Here’s how:
- Power on your PS5 and go to Settings.
- Navigate to Save Data and Game/App Settings.
- Select Game Presets.
- Choose Performance Mode, then select Game Default.
6. Set 60 FPS in the video. Using 120FPS can improve gaming with smoother visuals and faster inputs but may strain PS5 resources.
If Tomb Raider Remastered crashes frequently, try switching to the default 60FPS mode to troubleshoot the issue.
- Play Tomb Raider Remastered on your PS5.
- Pick your Game Mode.
- Access the menu icon at the top right.
- Navigate to Settings > Video.
- Switch OFF the 120FPS Mode.
- Apply changes and check for the issue again.
7. Disable rest mode. Many PS5 users have successfully fixed screen flickering by disabling Rest Mode. Here’s how:
- Navigate to Settings from the PS5 homepage.
- Select Network and then Power Saving.
- Choose Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode.
- Select Don’t Put in Rest Mode.
Note: After disabling Rest Mode, your PS5 won’t enter sleep mode automatically while idle. You’ll need to manually activate sleep mode when not using the console.
8. Use Rebuild Database. Rebuilding the database on your PS5 helps identify any storage drive issues that could lead to screen flickering and tearing.
- Enter Safe Mode: Hold the Power button until the second beep.
- Connect the controller via USB and press the PS button.
- Select Clear Cache and Rebuild Database.
- Choose Rebuild Database and wait.
- Your PS5 will reboot to normal mode afterwards.
9. Reinstall Tomb Raider Remastered. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling Tomb Raider Remastered on your PS5 console by following these steps.
- From the PlayStation home menu, navigate to Game Library.
- Choose the Installed tab and highlight Tomb Raider Remastered.
- Press the Options button on your PS5 controller.
- Select Delete and confirm with OK.
- Restart your PS5 console.
Alternatively, you can uninstall games from the PlayStation App.
- Open the PlayStation App and go to Settings.
- Select Storage and choose Tomb Raider Remastered from the list.
- Select Delete Game and confirm.
- Once uninstalled, reboot your PS5 console.
- From the PS5 home screen, access Game Library.
- Select Tomb Raider Remastered.
- Press Options on your controller.
- Choose Download and wait for the game to download.
- Monitor download progress in your Downloads/Uploads section.
- Once downloaded, launch the game.
10. Contact PlayStation support. For additional help, visit the official PlayStation Support webpage. You can also take your PS5 console to the nearest PlayStation service centre for expert assistance and potential repairs.
Was this page helpful?
Costa Rozakis is a seasoned gaming troubleshooter and writer with over a decade of experience. Costa’s journey began with a love for gaming that naturally evolved into a mission to help fellow gamers overcome technical challenges and glitches. Costa also excels in crafting comprehensive game walkthrough guides.
Costa’s articles are a lifeline for gamers encountering everything from pesky bugs and connectivity problems to performance hiccups and hardware issues. So, if you find yourself stuck in a gaming dilemma, trust Costa’s insights to guide you through, ensuring a seamless and enjoyable gaming experience every time.