In this guide, you’ll learn how to stop getting the Purple Star on Twitter, understanding its purpose and finding solutions.
What Does The Purple Star Mean On Twitter?
The purple star on Twitter indicates recommended tweets that appear in your notifications tab. These recommendations are tailored to your profile interests, interactions, and geographical locations.
If you’ve been inactive, Twitter may use the purple star to tempt you with enticing tweets, informing you about what you’ve missed. In essence, the purple star serves the sole purpose of suggesting or recommending tweets to you.
How To Stop Getting The Purple Star On Twitter
The purple star in your notifications signals tweets Twitter thinks you’ll enjoy. It appears more when you’re less active on the app; using Twitter more frequently can help lessen these alerts.
X recommends tweets based on your interests, marked with a purple star. Even if you use Twitter often, the purple star may still show up, suggesting tweets you might like.
Here are a few things you can do to stop seeing purple star tweets.
1. Disable Twitter notifications. Disabling Twitter notifications stops alerts from appearing on your device.
To customize your Twitter notifications.
- Open the Twitter app and sign in.
- Tap your profile picture.
- Go to Settings & Support.
- Select Settings & Privacy.
- Choose Notifications.
- Tap Preferences.
- Select Push notifications.
- Turn off push notifications to stop seeing them. Alternatively, deselect the Recommendations from the X box.
2. Block the person. To prevent seeing purple star tweets, consider blocking the user. However, blocking an account won’t halt recommendations from other accounts or prevent recommended notifications on the platform.
3. Delete Twitter. If turning off notifications or blocking the person doesn’t work, you can delete the app from your phone. Deleting Twitter means you won’t receive any notifications or use the app, but you can reinstall it whenever you want.
Was this page helpful?
Jasper Reed is the Editor of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of expertise in crafting tech troubleshooting guides. He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
Jasper’s “How-to” guides are often referenced by experts on platforms such as JustAnswer to help answer user’s tech queries. His articles are quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies like WikiHow, Think Impact, Enterprise Apps Today, and many others.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures.