Are you seeing a big black bar at the bottom of Snapchat?
It shows up in snaps people send you and in stories you watch, and it blocks the bottom of every snap you receive.
Don’t worry. We have got you covered.
Here are 3 methods to fix it.
We will discuss each of these in detail below.
Make a Suggestion to Snapchat
First of all, understand that this is not a bug. It is the new User Interface of Snapchat from its new update.
If you don’t like it, you can provide feedback directly to Snapchat itself. If many users reports it as annoying, they will remove it.
- Click on your profile picture at the top left.
- Tap ⚙️ in My Profile to open Settings
- Scroll down and tap ‘I Spotted a Bug’ or ‘I Have a Suggestion’
Choose which part of the app your report is about
Describe the bug or suggestion and add an attachment if you have one
Choose a topic and tap ‘Submit’
Check for new Snapchat updates
Sometimes, Snapchat might have removed the bottom bar in their new updates.
So, check whether there is a new Snapchat update available. If it is available, update the a to the latest version and check whether the issue is resolved.
- Open the Play store or App store on your mobile phone.
- Search for Snapchat app on the Search bar.
- Select Snapchat app from the search result.
- Click on the “Update” option from there.
Check whether the bottom black bar in Snapchat is removed now. If not, try the next method.
Use an old version of Snapchat app
Earlier version of Snapchat might not have this issue. To fix it, you can use an old version of the Snapchat App.
Follow the below steps to get an older version of the Snapchat app.
- Uninstall the current version of the Snapchat app from your phone.
- Download an older version of Snapchat APK. You can download it from APK Mirror.
- Click on the Snapchat app APK and install it.
Check whether the bottom black bar in Snapchat is removed now.
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization.He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
With a passion for technology and a natural aptitude for understanding consumer behavior, Jasper has built a successful career in blogging.He has been quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures. With his thick-rimmed glasses and geeky demeanor, Jasper is a true tech nerd at heart.
You can read more about the team here.