WHAT TO KNOW
- You can connect your iPhone via lightning to HDMI cable, then plug that into your projector to play Apple TV+.
- Alternatively, you can connect a streaming device like a Roku to your projector and cast Apple TV+ from your iPhone to the device.
- Some projectors even come with Apple TV+ available right on the projector.
This article explains how to watch Apple TV+ on a projector from an iPhone, including connecting using a lightning cable to HDMI and using a streaming device to cast from your iPhone to your projector.
Use a Lightning to HDMI Cable
With the many advanced projectors out on the market, it’s possible to have the experience of a wide-screen theater right in your own home. It also means you can watch nearly anything by connecting your iPhone or streaming devices.
If you want to watch Apple TV+ specifically, there are a couple of ways you can do so with your iPhone and projector.
The easiest way to connect an iPhone to a projector to watch Apple TV+ is to get a lightning-to-HDMI adapter. Here’s how to connect this to your projector.
1. Connect the HDMI lightning cable adapter into your iPhone.
2. Connect an HDMI cable into the HDMI port on the adapter.
3. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to your projector. Ensure the projector is using the HDMI input (it should do this on its own, but different models may vary).
4. Your iPhone screen mirror to your projector. Now you can open Apple TV app on your iPhone and play any movie or show you wish.
Cast Through a Streaming Device
You can also play Apple TV+ through your iPhone to a projector by connecting a streaming device to the projector and casting your iPhone to the device. This setup is a good option if you already have a streaming device.
A Roku is a solid choice. Here’s how to cast to a streaming device with your iPhone
1. Connect your Roku to your projector via the HDMI port. Then select the HDMI input on your projector. Ensure your Roku, iPhone, and projector are on the same Wi-Fi network (if your projector is Wi-Fi enabled).
2. On your iPhone, open Apple TV app and choose which content you’d like to watch.
3. On the playback screen, you should see a cast icon. Tap the cast icon.
4. Select to cast to your Roku device. Your movie will appear on the projector.
Playing Apple TV+ On a Projector
There are many projectors out there now with differing capabilities, so connecting to one with your iPhone may not be a one-size-fits-all situation. However, if you have a newer type or smart projector, you should have fewer roadblocks.
If you’ve yet to buy a projector, keep in mind some smart projectors now come with Apple TV+ software built-in, so you won’t need anything like an iPhone to send the video. The projector would need to connect to your local Wi-FI to stream the content.
Was this page helpful?
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of expertise in crafting tech troubleshooting guides. He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
Jasper’s “How-to” guides are often referenced by experts on platforms such as JustAnswer to help answer user’s tech queries. His articles are quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies like WikiHow, Think Impact, Enterprise Apps Today, and many others.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures.