There is a lot of confusion around LinkedIn’s status.
There are many reasons for LinkedIn being down right now. It can either be because of an issue at your end such as a problem with your internet connection/computer or due to LinkedIn itself.
It is difficult to find out whether LinkedIn is down for everyone or just for you. But there are a few things that you can do to understand whether the problem is with you or with LinkedIn.
How to know if LinkedIn is down?
First and foremost, if you’re unsure about what’s going on, check a few official sources to discover whether the service is down for some reason.
1. Look for the hashtag #linkedindown on Twitter. Keep track of when the hashtag was last tweeted. Click on “Latest” to see if users have started tweeting about the outage recently.
Also, keep an eye on LinkedIn’s Twitter account for any updates on the site’s status. If you need more help, you can also tweet them with your problems.
2. Check third-party sites which track the up-down status of other websites. They will track LinkedIn as well.
You can use these websites to check whether LinkedIn is down right now or not. Here are a few:
3. You can also check LinkedIn’s official Facebook page to check whether they have reported any outages or not. You can also check LinkedIn’s Reddit community to check whether there are discussions related to LinkedIn’s status.
Based on the above checks, you will get to know whether LinkedIn is down or not.
If the problem is at LinkedIn’s end, you can wait for some time as they will do the needful to get the site up.
However, if LinkedIn is working fine, then the problem is at your end. Then you need to follow the steps mentioned below to connect to LinkedIn.
What to Do When You Can’t Connect to LinkedIn?
If LinkedIn appears to be working fine for everyone except you, then there are a few things you might do to fix it.
1. If you are using LinkedIn app, then you can try to close and re-open the app. Sometimes, simply restarting the app fixes the issue.
2. Check whether the LinkedIn app is up to date. You can check Google Play Store or Apple App Store to check whether there is any latest notification regarding updates. If there are any updates, complete the LinkedIn app update process.
3. You can also try reinstalling the LinkedIn app. Sometimes, just reinstalling the app fixes the issue.
4. Check whether there is a network issue by restarting your router or modem. If it is a network issue, restarting the network might solve the problem.
5. You can also try opening LinkedIn in an incognito tab, if you’re using a web browser. Cookies, temporary files, and Chrome extensions are not used in incognito tabs.
6. Clear the cache in your browser. All major web browsers such as Google Chrome, Safari, etc. allow you to delete the cache on both desktop and mobile. Clearing cache helps to improve the performance of your browser as it removes the saved data from previous websites you’ve visited.
7. If clearing cache doesn’t work, then try clearing your browser’s cookies. Cookies are small files containing information about you, such as advertising preferences or personalization settings.
If you are using Google Chrome, then follow the below steps to clear browser cookies and cache in Google chrome through desktop or laptop.
Open the Google Chrome browser.
Click the 3 vertically arranged dots on the top right of the page.
Click on “More tools”.
Click on “Clear browsing data”.
Now the “Clear browsing data” page is open.
Adjust the “Time Range” .
You can see Browsing History, Download History, Cookies and other site data etc. on the pop up. Choose Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
Click on Clear data.
8. Check for malware on your computer. It’s an unusual occurrence, but it’s possible that malware is present somewhere. Any harmful programme can be found and removed with the help of a good antivirus checker.
9. Restart your device. Often, just restarting your device will resolve all the issues.
Alternatively, you can wait it out if there is an issue on LinkedIn‘s end. These issues tend to resolve themselves reasonably quickly.
The above steps will also solve your below queries.
- Is linkedin down today
- Is linkedin learning down
- Is linkedin down at the moment
- Is linkedin down 2022
- linkedin not working on safari
- Is linkedin recruiter down
- linked in outage
- linkedin ads down
- linkedin app down
- linkedin campaign manager down
- linkedin jobs down
- linkedin sales navigator down
- linkedin server down
- linkedin website down
- linkedin messaging down
Hope you get an idea about the process to check whether LinkedIn is down or not. Kindly let us know if you have any queries.
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization.He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
With a passion for technology and a natural aptitude for understanding consumer behavior, Jasper has built a successful career in blogging.He has been quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures. With his thick-rimmed glasses and geeky demeanor, Jasper is a true tech nerd at heart.
Follow Jasper on Twitter and Reddit.
You can read more about the team here.