WHAT TO KNOW
- You can play Super Smash Bros Ultimate games on a Mac using an emulator called Ryujinx.
- Ryujinx is a powerful emulator that can play a wide variety of Nintendo Switch games.
Mac users can now play Super Smash Bros Ultimate without the need for a Nintendo Switch console. Ryujinx, a powerful Nintendo Switch emulator, makes this possible.
This guide will walk you through the steps to set up Ryujinx and play Super Smash Bros Ultimate on your Mac.
Requirements for Playing Super Smash Bros Ultimate on a Mac
To embark on your Super Smash Bros Ultimate adventure on your Mac, you’ll need the following:
- Mac: macOS 10.13 or later
- Emulator: Ryujinx
- ROM files: Super Smash Bros Ultimate ROM files
Warning: Using game emulators is legal, but downloading and installing ROMs for games you don’t own is illegal.
- Controller: Ryujinx works with any Bluetooth controller, eliminating the need for an official Nintendo controller.
How to Play Super Smash Bros Ultimate on Mac
Once you’ve met the above criteria, follow these steps to install the Ryujinx on your Mac.
1. Download Ryujinx on Your Mac. Visit the Ryujinx website and click the “Download” button under macOS.
Once the compressed file finishes downloading, double-click it to extract the contents. Drag the Ryujinx app into your Applications folder.
2. Setting Up Prod.Keys. To decrypt your Super Smash Bros Ultimate ROM files, you’ll need to set up the prod.keys file.
Visit the Prod Keys website and download the latest version. Open Ryujinx, go to File > Open Ryujinx Folder > System folder. Paste the prod.keys file into the designated directory.
3. Install Ryujinx Firmware. Download the latest firmware from the Prod Keys website.
In Ryujinx, navigate to Tools > Install Firmware > Install a firmware from XCI or Zip. Select the firmware file you just downloaded.
4. Set Up Your Controller. Connect your controller to your Mac.
Open Ryujinx and go to Options > Settings. In the “Input” tab, make sure your controller is selected under the “Input Device” option.
5. Add Super Smash Bros Ultimate to Ryujinx. Now that Ryujinx is configured, you can bring Super Smash Bros Ultimate to life on your Mac.
Navigate to File > Load Application From File. Select your Super Smash Bros Ultimate ROM file. Double-click on the ROM file, and watch as the game comes to life.
Was this page helpful?
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization.He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
With a passion for technology and a natural aptitude for understanding consumer behavior, Jasper has built a successful career in blogging.He has been quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures. With his thick-rimmed glasses and geeky demeanor, Jasper is a true tech nerd at heart.
You can read more about the team here.