The Genius Bar is a dedicated support service nestled within Apple Stores. It specializes in troubleshooting and repairing Apple products and services, covering everything from your Apple device to your Apple TV subscription.
This article explains how to make an appointment, and how to reschedule or cancel an appointment.
How to Schedule a Genius Bar Appointment Using the Support App on iPhone or iPad
First, be sure that the app is installed on your device; if not, you can always download the Apple Support app from the App Store.
- Launch Apple Support.
- Under My Devices, tap the device you’re having issues with.
- Select your issue from the list of categories on the list. You can also tap Tell us what’s happening to let Apple Support pinpoint the problem and offer you helpful solutions.
- To get a Genius Bar appointment, tap Find Authorized Locations under Bring in for Repair.
- You’ll now be given a list of Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Service Providers. Under each store, you’ll find that those with available slots will show Available [day, date].
- Tap your selected store.
- Select your preferred date and time. Tap the Info (i) button to learn more about the store’s location and contact number.
How to make an Apple Genius Bar appointment on the Apple website
You can also access Apple Support’s page and create an Apple Genius Bar appointment online.
- Go to the Apple Genius Bar website.
- Choose from Get software help or Get hardware help.
- Click Sign in under View your products.
- Once signed in, select your device that needs repairing.
- Under What’s going on, select a category for your problem or issue.
- Under See your support options, click Continue.
- If you see, Bring in for Repair under Solutions, select Find a location.
- Under Choose a location, click the place, and type in your preferred area. Click Choose this location.
- You’ll be given a list of nearby Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Service Providers. Select the one you prefer. You cannot select locations that do not have available slots for reservation. Those with available slots show a green Available [day, time].
- Click Continue. You can enter your contact number.
- Select Reserve now.
- Select an option from the drop-down menu for the store’s local time. You can also visit the store’s website and open its location in Maps.
How to reschedule or cancel your Apple Genius Bar reservation
If you made the reservation through the Apple Support app:
- You should be able to view your upcoming appointment in your Apple Support app. Simply open the app and look for ‘Upcoming Reservation.’ Select it to view the details and proceed to ‘Reschedule‘ or ‘Cancel Reservation.’
For those who scheduled online, you can manage your reservation as follows:
- Check your iCloud mail for Apple Support’s email with the subject ‘Carry-in Appointment Confirmation.’ Copy your Case ID.
- Visit Apple Support and click ‘Enter Case ID.’
- Input the Case ID and the last name associated with your Apple ID.
- You’ll see your ‘Upcoming Service Provider Appointment.’ Select ‘Reschedule’ or ‘Cancel.’
Was this page helpful?
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of expertise in crafting tech troubleshooting guides. He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
Jasper’s “How-to” guides are often referenced by experts on platforms such as JustAnswer to help answer user’s tech queries. His articles are quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies like WikiHow, Think Impact, Enterprise Apps Today, and many others.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures.