This article covers the best solutions for when Youtube TV isn’t working properly on a TCL smart TV. Whether your Youtube TV app is slow, won’t stop buffering, keeps crashing, or even completely disappears, this page will provide several quick fixes to get your Youtube TV streaming properly again.
Note: The fixes on this page apply to different TCL Smart TV OS such as Android TV OS, Roku TV OS, Google TV OS, and Fire TV OS.
Why Can’t I Get Youtube TV Working On My TCL Smart TV?
Youtube TV technical issues on smart TVs, such as those made by TCL, are usually caused by:
- Out-of-date operating system
- Out-of-date Youtube TV app
- Internet connectivity problems
- Youtube TV service outages
How to Fix Youtube TV Not Working on TCL Smart TVs
Here’s all of the best solutions for Youtube TV problems on TCL’s smart TVs. It’s best to work through these fixes in the order presented as they’re listed from fastest and easiest to more complex.
1. Check your TCL TV’s internet connection. The easiest way to do this is to try another app that also requires access to the internet.
2. Check if Youtube TV’s down. The Youtube TV service itself could simply be experiencing server or other technical issues.
3. Try another Youtube TV episode or movie. Youtube TV streaming issues can sometimes affect specific films or episodes. If other Youtube TV content streams fine and the program you want to watch doesn’t try waiting an hour or so for the issue to remedy itself.
4. Restart your TCL smart TV. To restart your TCL smart TV, Press the Home button on remote, select Settings > System > Power > System Restart > OK. If this method doesn’t work, you can unplug your TV, wait 30 seconds, and then plug it in again.
5. Update the TCL Youtube TV app. Select the Apps tab > Google Play Store. Go to the Updates Available on the Google Play Store. Select Youtube TV > Update.
6. Update your TCL smart TV’s firmware. A new update on TCL Smart TV operating system will give you access to new features, fix issues, and remove bugs.
- Roku OS: Settings → System Update → Check now → Update.
- Android OS: Settings → Device Preferences → About → System Update → Update.
- Google OS: Settings → System → About → System Software Update → Update → Restart Now.
- Fire OS: Settings → My Fire TV → About → Check for Updates → Install Update.
7. Reboot your internet router. If your TCL smart TV is experiencing internet connectivity issues on multiple apps, a router reboot could be the solution.
8. Use a wired internet connection. Rather than connecting your TV to the internet via Wi-Fi, which can sometimes be too slow for streaming Youtube TV, connect it directly to your internet router via a cable connection.
Tip: An Ethernet cable is the common way to connect a smart TV to an internet router or modem, though a coaxial cable can also be used when ethernet isn’t an option.
9. Log out of Youtube TV and log back in again. Quickly sign out and then back in to refresh the app and potentially fix any glitches affecting your TCL smart TV Youtube TV app.
10. Turn off your VPN. Youtube TV is known to block accounts that use a VPN.
11. Sign all accounts out of Youtube TV on all devices. Open the Youtube TV app or website on any device and sign out from all devices. It’s possible that too many people were accessing your Youtube TV account simultaneously.
12. Uninstall the TCL smart TV Youtube TV app. Delete the Youtube TV app from your TCL TV and then reinstall it again.
To delete an app from a TCL Smart TV, press the Home button on your remote control, select Settings > Apps > Youtube TV > Uninstall.
Tip: If you suspect a stranger is accessing your Youtube TV account, change your password to prevent them from logging in.
13. Cast Youtube TV to your TCL smart TV. If you still can’t get the TCL Youtube TV app to work on your smart TV, try casting content to it from the Youtube TV app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
14. Factory reset your TCL smart TV. If none of the above fixes get Youtube TV working, perform a hard reset on your TV to remove all apps and settings and return it to its as-new state. This can often fix a host of problems.
To factory reset your TCL TV: Press Settings button on remote. Select More Settings or System option > Device Preference or Storage and Reset option > Reset > Factory data Reset > Erase Everything > Enter PIN > OK.
Note: The Reset and Update option requires an internet connection, so only choose that if you’re sure that your TCL TV is able to access the internet.
Was this page helpful?
Rachel Turner is a technology writer and streaming expert with over 5 years of comprehensive experience in the dynamic world of digital entertainment.
Rachel has meticulously researched, tested, and documented solutions for common streaming hiccups. Whether you’re facing buffering problems, login issues, or any other streaming-related challenge, Rachel Turner is your reliable source for definitive solutions in the ever-evolving world of digital entertainment.