Viki TV app not working is a common problem that can manifest as the app freezing while in use or even completely crashing and restarting. This page covers all of the tested and proven solutions for how to fix it when Viki TV app stops working in addition to some tips for how to stop the Viki TV app from freezing and crashing in the future.
Note: The following tips on resolving problems with the Viki TV app will fix the issues with Android and iPhone versions of the Viki TV app.
Why Viki TV App Isn’t Working
Viki TV crashing or not opening can be caused by an out-of-date app or operating system, a lack of free space on the phone, or an inability to connect to a Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection.
The Viki TV service being down or offline can also cause the Viki TV app to freeze, crash, or stop running properly.
How to Fix Viki TV App Not Working
There are a number of proven tech tips that can prevent the Viki TV app from stopping, freezing, and crashing.
1. Check if Viki TV app’s down. The Viki TV service could be experiencing a server outage or other technical issue.
2. Close the app, and then reopen it. This is the easiest solution that will work in some cases if it’s just a temporary problem. To do this, you’ll need to close the Viki TV app on your Android or close the Viki TV app on your iPhone. Then, relaunch the app to see if the problem is finally resolved.
3. Check your phone’s internet connection. The quickest way to do this is to open another app that needs an internet connection.
If your Wi-Fi is slow or completely down, turn it off and try using your phone’s cellular connection to access Viki TV app. If your Mobile data is slow or completely down, turn it off and try using your Wi-Fi to access Viki TV app.
The process of switching between Wi-Fi and Cellular connection depends on your platform: Android [How to Switch Between Mobile Data and Wi-Fi on Android], iPhone [How to Switch to Mobile Data or Wi-Fi on an iPhone]
4. Restart your device. Restarting your mobile device will often clear most problems. So take a moment to reboot your Android or reboot your iOS device to see if it resolves problems with Viki TV app not working.
Note: Why does a restart often help? When you restart your device, it clears out all the temporary files and working memory and loads up all the information the device and app(s) need. Sometimes these files have become temporarily corrupted and the only way to clear the corruption is with a restart.
5. Check for Viki TV app updates. Check for and install any Viki TV app updates on your Android device or app updates on your iPhone. If your Viki TV app is ever out of date, it can lead to connection errors and other issues that may lead to Viki TV not working on your mobile device.
6. Clear the Viki TV app cache on your Android device or clear the cache on an iPhone. While caching improves app performance by saving app information in local memory, it can also lead to issues with your device not receiving the latest information from Viki TV. Clearing cached data will force your app to retrieve the latest information from Viki TV.
7. Check the Viki TV app permissions. You need to give Viki TV permission to access things like your contacts, photos, mic, etc., otherwise, those things won’t work.
8. Uninstall and reinstall the Viki TV app. If nothing else has worked to this point, take the time to completely uninstall Viki TV from your Android or iPhone. Then reinstall the Viki TV app on your device.
9. Free-up space on your phone. A lack of free space can often cause apps to crash or not open.
10. Disable your VPN service. A VPN is a great service for protecting your privacy and increasing security. Unfortunately, a VPN can also cause connection errors and lead to Viki TV not working. To test if this is the case, disable your VPN on Android device or disable your VPN on iPhone and check if this resolved the issue.
11. Make sure background data is not restricted. If Background data is turned off, Viki TV may not be able to connect to the internet while it’s running in the background. To fix this, you need to turn on the background data on Android or turn on the background data on iPhone.
12. Reset your iPhone’s app settings or reset app settings on your Android device. This action does not delete any of your apps or their data. It reverts app-specific settings back to their default values. This can include preferences like notification settings, permissions, background app refresh settings, and other app-specific configurations.
13. Reset your phone’s network settings. If the Viki TV app is having trouble connecting to the Viki TV servers, performing a network settings reset on your Android device or network settings reset on your iPhone could fix it.
15. If all else fails, it may be time to report the issue to Viki TV. It could be an issue with your account, and Viki TV customer support should be able to help you determine if that’s the case.
If Viki TV notifications aren’t working, ensure you’ve enabled notifications in your iOS or Android device settings. Next, go to your Viki TV account and select the notifications you want to receive. Also, ensure your phone isn’t set to Do Not Disturb, and clear the Viki TV data cache.
Was this page helpful?
Rachel Turner is a technology writer and streaming expert with over 5 years of comprehensive experience in the dynamic world of digital entertainment.
Rachel has meticulously researched, tested, and documented solutions for common streaming hiccups. Whether you’re facing buffering problems, login issues, or any other streaming-related challenge, Rachel Turner is your reliable source for definitive solutions in the ever-evolving world of digital entertainment.