TuneIn Radio not working on Apple CarPlay is a common problem that can manifest as TuneIn Radio being offline, unable to see TuneIn Radio displayed on the Apple CarPlay, or TuneIn Radio not playing audio.
This page covers all of the tested and proven solutions for how to fix it when TuneIn Radio is not working on Apple CarPlay in addition to some tips for how to stop the TuneIn Radio Apple CarPlay not working issue in the future.
Causes of TuneIn Radio Not Working With Apple Carplay
Here are some possible reasons why TuneIn Radio isn’t working with Apple Carplay:
- There’s a temporary communication hiccup between the two
- Compatibility issue between TuneIn Radio and your car’s infotainment system
- Outdated TuneIn Radio app or iPhone System
- The screen time limit is on
- TuneIn Radio is restricted from running in the background
- Your phone has too weak of an internet connection to stream
How to Fix TuneIn Radio Not Working on Apple Carplay
Follow these tips in order to fix it when Apple Carplay won’t play TuneIn Radio:
1. Restart your iPhone.This is quick and easy to do and will serve multiple functions. It will refresh your phone and Apple Carplay connection (if you’re connected during the reboot) and completely shut down both apps.
2. Park your car and restart it by turning the ignition off and on. Or, if you can’t do that, some infotainment systems can be restarted by pressing and holding the infotainment’s power button. The previous step should be enough to restart communication between your phone and car.
3. Check the connection to CarPlay stereo. If you are using a wired connection to CarPlay, make sure that the USB cable is securely connected to both your iPhone and the CarPlay stereo. Try using a different USB cable if you have one.
4. Turn off the Screen Time limit. If you have screen time enabled on your iPhone, you may need to turn off the restriction for CarPlay.
You can go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps to enable CarPlay.
5. Deactivate Battery Saver Settings. Turn off battery optimization to fix things like buffering issues and unresponsive screens.
You can go to Settings > Battery & Performance > toggle off Battery Saver
6. Check to make sure your vehicle supports Apple CarPlay. The Apple CarPlay auto compatibility page will help you find out if your specific car and CarPlay are compatible. If they are not, there’s nothing you can do to get TuneIn Radio working on Apple Carplay in your vehicle.
7. Allow CarPlay while locked. Make sure that CarPlay is allowed while your iPhone is locked.
You can go to Settings > General > CarPlay to enable CarPlay while locked.
8. Make Sure Siri is on. If you are using Siri to control TuneIn Radio, you need to turn it on.
To make it, you can click on Settings > Siri & Search> Listen for Hey Siri on your iPhone.
9. Clear TuneIn Radio Cache. Deleting an app’s cache clears away potentially corrupted temporary files that could be to blame for TuneIn Radio not working with Carplay.
10. Update your TuneIn Radio app and update the iOS.If a known bug prevents TuneIn Radio from working correctly with your car, there’s a good chance an app update or operating system update will fix it.
11. Uninstall and reinstall the TuneIn Radio app. If nothing else has worked to this point, take the time to completely uninstall TuneIn Radio from your iPhone. Then reinstall the TuneIn Radio app from the App Store.
Was this page helpful?
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization.He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
With a passion for technology and a natural aptitude for understanding consumer behavior, Jasper has built a successful career in blogging.He has been quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures. With his thick-rimmed glasses and geeky demeanor, Jasper is a true tech nerd at heart.
You can read more about the team here.