This guide provides tested solutions to fix Skull and Bones stuck on the loading screen on PS5.
How To Fix Skull and Bones Stuck on Loading Screen on PS5
Here are the best solutions to fix Skull and Bones stuck on the loading screen on PS5.
1. Restart your PS5 console. A simple reboot can clear temporary glitches and refresh the system.
- Press the PS button on your PS5 controller.
- Then choose Restart PS5 from the Power icon in the menu.
- Avoid unplugging the power cable from your console to prevent hardware failure.
2. Disconnect the internet and try again. Many PS5 users suggest turning off the internet connection before launching Skull and Bones to see if the loading issue persists. Here’s how:
- Disable the PS5’s internet connection in the network settings.
- Launch the Skull and Bones game again to see if the issue persists.
3. Update Skull and Bones. Make sure you’re running the latest versions for optimal performance.
- Go to the Games section.
- Highlight Skull and Bones.
- Press Options > Check for Update.
- Follow on-screen instructions if an update is available.
4. Check for system software updates. Sony regularly releases software updates for PlayStation 5 consoles to address bugs and improve stability. It’s important to manually check for system software updates by following these steps.
- Ensure your PS5 is connected to the internet.
- Navigate to Settings from the homepage.
- Select System > System Software.
- Choose System Software Update.
- Select Update Using Internet.
- Wait for the PS5 to check for updates.
- If available, it will download and install automatically.
5. Ensure your PS5 isn’t overheating. Overheating is common in consoles and can cause the game to get stuck on the loading screen. PS5 games are graphics-intensive, leading to overheating issues.
If the console’s temperature exceeds safe limits, it may crash at startup and shut down to prevent hardware damage.
To check for overheating.
- Touch your console to see if it’s uncomfortably hot, like a frying pan.
- Listen for any unusual, louder sounds from the console’s cooling fan.
- Watch out for warning notices on the display indicating overheating.
- Frequent crashes and shutdowns may also signal overheating issues.
6. Clear the cache on PlayStation 5. Try clearing the cache on your PS5 by following these steps.
- Press the PS button to access the quick menu.
- Go to the Power icon and press X to open it.
- Select Turn Off PS5.
- After powering off, unplug the console for a couple of minutes.
- Plug it back and power it on; the cache will clear automatically.
7. Reboot PS5 in safe mode. Rebooting your PS5 in Safe Mode loads essential system applications to troubleshoot issues, including those caused by third-party apps or games. Safe Mode enables easy database rebuilding, often resolving various system and database issues.
Note: Certain Safe Mode options may erase data, so back up to USB or Cloud Storage before proceeding.
- Hold the Power button on your PS5 for a few seconds until it turns off.
- Wait for the power indicator to stop blinking, then wait a couple more seconds.
- Press and hold the Power button again until you hear a second beep (about seven seconds later than the first beep).
- Connect your PS5 controller using a USB cable and press the PS button to pair it.
- Your PS5 will boot into Safe Mode automatically.
- Proceed to the next step to rebuild the database on your PS5 easily.
8. Use Rebuild Database. Rebuilding the database on your PS5 helps identify any storage drive issues that could lead to the game getting stuck on the loading screen.
- Enter Safe Mode: Hold the Power button until the second beep.
- Connect the controller via USB and press the PS button.
- Select Clear Cache and Rebuild Database.
- Choose Rebuild Database and wait.
- Your PS5 will reboot to normal mode afterwards.
9. Reinstall Skull and Bones. You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling Skull and Bones on your PS5 console by following these steps.
- From the PlayStation home menu, navigate to Game Library.
- Choose the Installed tab and highlight Skull and Bones.
- Press the Options button on your PS5 controller.
- Select Delete and confirm with OK.
- Restart your PS5 console.
Alternatively, you can uninstall games from the PlayStation App.
- Open the PlayStation App and go to Settings.
- Select Storage and choose Skull and Bones from the list.
- Select Delete Game and confirm.
- Once uninstalled, reboot your PS5 console.
- From the PS5 home screen, access Game Library.
- Select Skull and Bones.
- Press Options on your controller.
- Choose Download and wait for the game to download.
- Monitor download progress in your Downloads/Uploads section.
- Once downloaded, launch the game.
10. Reset the PS5 Console. If none of the fixes worked, consider a factory reset of your PS5.
This will erase all settings, saved data, and games. If you have PlayStation Plus, back up your data to the cloud or a USB drive.
- Go to PS home screen > Settings > Saved Data and Game/App Settings.
- Choose Saved Data (PS5) > Console Storage > Upload to Cloud Storage.
- After backup, go to Settings > System > Reset Options.
- Select Reset Your Console > Follow on-screen instructions.
- After restart, sign in and reinstall Skull and Bones.
- Sync game-saved data and check for crashes.
11. Repair your PS5 hardware. Finally, if there’s a hardware issue with your PS5, don’t worry. You can either submit a repair request online or visit your nearest PlayStation service centre for assistance.
Was this page helpful?
Costa Rozakis is a seasoned gaming troubleshooter and writer with over a decade of experience. Costa’s journey began with a love for gaming that naturally evolved into a mission to help fellow gamers overcome technical challenges and glitches. Costa also excels in crafting comprehensive game walkthrough guides.
Costa’s articles are a lifeline for gamers encountering everything from pesky bugs and connectivity problems to performance hiccups and hardware issues. So, if you find yourself stuck in a gaming dilemma, trust Costa’s insights to guide you through, ensuring a seamless and enjoyable gaming experience every time.