This guide covers all of the tested and proven solutions for fixing Skull and Bones stuttering, lagging, or freezing on Xbox Series X/S.
How to Fix Skull and Bones Stuttering, Lag, or Freezing on Xbox Series X/S
Here are the best solutions for how to fix Skull and Bones stuttering, lag, or freezing on Xbox Series X|S consoles.
1. Check system updates. Ensure you check for system updates on your PlayStation or Xbox console before trying other fixes. Outdated system software can lead to various issues. Here’s how:
- Press the Xbox button to access the Dashboard.
- Navigate to Settings > All Settings > System > Updates.
- If available, select Update Console and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After updating, restart the console to apply changes.
2. Update Skull and Bones on Xbox Series X|S. We recommend updating the game to the latest patch for optimized performance on your Xbox Series X|S console.
- Navigate to My Games and Apps on your Dashboard.
- Select Manage and proceed to Updates.
- If an update for your Skull and Bones game is available, it will be displayed here.
- To initiate the patch, locate the Skull and Bones game and press the A button on your controller.
Note: Consider enabling automatic updates for your games by accessing Settings > Systems > Updates to ensure seamless updates whenever your console is online.
3. Power cycle your Xbox Series X|S. Xbox Series X|S users may also need to power cycle their consoles.
- Turn off the console.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Plug the power cable back in.
- Turn on the console and check if the issue persists.
4. Reinstall the game. Consider uninstalling and reinstalling Skull and Bones on your Xbox Series X|S console to resolve any issues with the game files.
- Press the Xbox button to open the Guide.
- Go to My Games and Apps > See all > Games.
- Choose the Ready to Install tab > Queue.
- Select Skull and Bones.
- Press the Menu button > Manage game & add-ons.
- Choose Skull and Bones > Uninstall all.
- Wait for the uninstallation to finish.
- Reboot the system.
- Open Guide again: Xbox button > My Games and Apps > See all > Games.
- Select Ready to install > Install for Skull and Bones.
- Wait for the installation and restart the console.
5. Reset the console. If none of the methods resolves the issue, reset the console to clear system glitches or cache data problems.
- Press the Xbox button on your controller to access the Guide menu.
- Navigate to Profile & system > Settings > System.
- Choose Console info > Reset console.
- Select Reset and remove everything to delete all user data, including accounts, saved games, settings, and installed apps. (Selecting Reset and Keep my games & apps may not resolve the issue.)
- Your Xbox console will begin resetting to factory default settings.
- Wait for the process to complete, then reboot the console.
Was this page helpful?
Costa Rozakis is a seasoned gaming troubleshooter and writer with over a decade of experience. Costa’s journey began with a love for gaming that naturally evolved into a mission to help fellow gamers overcome technical challenges and glitches. Costa also excels in crafting comprehensive game walkthrough guides.
Costa’s articles are a lifeline for gamers encountering everything from pesky bugs and connectivity problems to performance hiccups and hardware issues. So, if you find yourself stuck in a gaming dilemma, trust Costa’s insights to guide you through, ensuring a seamless and enjoyable gaming experience every time.