This troubleshooting guide offers solutions to resolve Persona 3 Reload crashing or game launch issues swiftly on Steam Deck.
How to Fix Persona 3 Reload Keep Crashing on Steam Deck
Here are the best solutions for fixing Persona 3 Reload crashes on your Steam Deck.
1. Reboot Steam Deck. First, restart your Steam Deck through the Software Updates section to address any temporary system glitches. These glitches, along with cache data issues, can cause trouble. Here’s how:
- Press the Steam button on your Steam Deck, then choose Power > Restart.
- Wait for the device to reboot and check for the issue again.
2. Force reboot Steam Deck. If the problem persists, ensure you force restart your Steam Deck to clear potential glitches or system conflicts. This method is helpful if your Steam Deck is unresponsive or experiencing stuttering while powered on. Here’s how:
- Press and hold the Power button for 3 seconds.
- If it stays unresponsive, press and hold it for about 10 seconds to forcefully reboot the system.
3. Check for SteamOS updates. An outdated SteamOS version can lead to bugs, stability issues, and security concerns. Check for SteamOS updates manually on your Steam Deck by following these steps.
- Press the Steam button on your Steam Deck.
- Navigate to Settings > System.
- Select Check for Updates.
- If an update is available, apply it.
- Wait for the update, then restart your device to apply changes.
4. Check for Persona 3 Reload updates. The outdated game version might cause conflicts with the system, leading to bugs that hinder proper functioning. To address this, check for game updates using the steps below.
- Go to your Steam Library and find Persona 3 Reload.
- Select Manage, then choose Properties and click on the Updates tab.
- Ensure Automatic updates are selected.
- Reboot your Steam Deck; updates will install automatically when available.
5. Check onboard storage space. Check the storage space on your Steam Deck to prevent issues with Persona 3 Reload launching and performance.
- Press the Steam button, navigate to Settings, and select Storage.
- If space is low, remove unnecessary apps/games to free up storage.
6. Ensure Persona 3 Reload is verified on Steam Deck. To check if your Deck supports Persona 3 Reload for seamless gameplay, check its status under the Steam Deck Verified system. This system categorizes games into four types: Verified, Playable, Unsupported, and Unknown.
Here are improved and concise explanations for each status on Steam Deck.
- Verified: The game works perfectly on Steam Deck without needing any changes.
- Playable: The game functions, but users might need to adjust settings like controller configurations or navigation methods.
- Unsupported: The game isn’t playable on Steam Deck at the moment.
- Unknown: Compatibility with Steam Deck hasn’t been tested yet. You can try it, but we can’t guarantee how well it will work.
If a game falls under Playable or Unsupported, review its compatibility requirements in the Steam Deck Compatibility section on the game’s Steam Store page to understand any unmet criteria.
7. Reinsert the MicroSD card. A corrupted MicroSD card on your Steam Deck can cause Persona 3 Reload to crash during startup. Be sure to format the MicroSD card before using it with your Steam Deck to avoid potential issues. To format a MicroSD card:
- Insert the MicroSD card into the bottom memory slot securely.
- Press the Steam button, and navigate to Settings.
- Select System, then Format SD Card.
- The formatting process may take a few minutes.
Note: Steam Deck supports only UHS-I (class 3 or better) MicroSD cards. If yours is old or prone to corruption, consider getting a new one.
8. Re-Initialize DNS. Some users found success by adjusting DNS settings, which can improve network stability and potentially resolve crashing or FPS drops. This tweak has also proven effective in addressing lagging problems in Persona 3 Reload.
- Press the Steam Deck power button and select Switch to Desktop for Linux.
- Ensure the desktop version of Steam is open.
- Click the Wi-Fi icon at the bottom right, then select Configure Network Connection.
- Choose your current connection and select IPv4.
- Change from Automatic to Manual method.
- Enter DNS servers (e.g., 18.104.22.168, 22.214.171.124).
- Click the Edit icon to manage DNS settings.
- Modify settings similarly for IPv6 if needed.
9. Enable Steam Cloud Synchronization. If you’ve previously disabled Cloud Synchronization on your Steam Deck, enable it to ensure proper game syncing with servers.
- Press the Steam button and choose the Steam menu.
- Navigate to Settings, then to the Cloud tab.
- Check the box for Enable Steam Cloud Synchronization.
- Select OK to save.
- Restart your Steam Deck to apply the changes.
10. Force change the Proton version on Steam Deck. To optimize game launch and performance, consider forcefully changing the Proton version on your Steam Deck using these steps.
- Open the game’s Settings.
- Navigate to Properties.
- Choose Compatibility.
- Check the Proton Experimental box.
- Select your preferred version to test.
11. Reinstall Persona 3 Reload. To resolve potential conflicts or launch issues, consider uninstalling and then reinstalling Persona 3 Reload on your Steam Deck. Reinstalling the game significantly increases the likelihood of resolving such issues.
- Press the Steam button to access Settings.
- Navigate to Storage in the sidebar and choose Persona 3 Reload.
- Press the X key to uninstall the game.
- Wait for the game to be completely deleted.
- After uninstallation, reinstall Persona 3 Reload from the Steam Store.
12. Factory reset Steam Deck. Perform a factory reset on your Steam Deck to restore all settings and data to default. This can resolve crashing issues with the game. Here’s how:
- Press the Steam button on your Steam Deck to access Settings.
- Scroll down in the System menu and choose Factory Reset.
- Confirm if prompted, then proceed.
- The reset process may take some time.
- After completion, proceed through the initial setup process.
13. Contact Steam Deck. If the above solutions don’t resolve the issue, reach out to Steam Support and create a support ticket. They’re likely to provide further assistance and help you fix the problem.
Was this page helpful?
Costa Rozakis is a seasoned gaming troubleshooter and writer with over a decade of experience. Costa’s journey began with a love for gaming that naturally evolved into a mission to help fellow gamers overcome technical challenges and glitches. Costa also excels in crafting comprehensive game walkthrough guides.
Costa’s articles are a lifeline for gamers encountering everything from pesky bugs and connectivity problems to performance hiccups and hardware issues. So, if you find yourself stuck in a gaming dilemma, trust Costa’s insights to guide you through, ensuring a seamless and enjoyable gaming experience every time.