This article finds out the various reasons behind “Outgoing Calls Not Ringing” issues and provides actionable steps to help you reconnect.
Why Are Outgoing Calls Not Ringing
Here are some of the most common reasons why your outgoing calls might not be ringing:
1. No service: If you don’t have service, your calls will not be able to go through.
2. Airplane mode: If your phone is on airplane mode, your calls will not ring.
3. Do Not Disturb (DND) mode: If the person you are calling is on DND mode, their phone will not ring.
4. Blocked number: If the person you are calling has blocked your number, their phone will not ring.
5. Technical problems: There may be a technical problem with your phone or the person you are calling’s phone.
Tip: Incorrectly installed or malfunctioning SIM cards can lead to call disruptions. Verify proper installation or contact the SIM provider for assistance.
6. Busy line: If the person you’re calling is on the phone with someone else, your call will not ring.
7. Blocked service: If your service has been blocked, you won’t be able to make or receive calls. This can happen for a number of reasons, such as if you haven’t paid your bill.
How to Fix Outgoing Calls Not Ringing
Here are some things you can try to fix outgoing calls that aren’t ringing:
1. Restart your phone. This can often fix minor software glitches that may be causing the problem.
2. Check your network connection. Make sure you have a strong signal. If you’re in an area with poor service, try moving to a different location.
3. Try calling a different number. If you’re able to call other numbers without a problem, then the issue is likely with the specific person you’re trying to call.
4. Ask the person you’re trying to call to restart their phone. This can also fix minor software glitches.
Tip: Contact them through alternative methods and request to disable airplane mode.
5. Check the person’s phone settings. Make sure their phone is not on airplane mode or DND mode.
To disable airplane mode:
On iPhone, open the Settings app and toggle Airplane Mode off at the top of the screen.
On Android, tap Settings > Network & internet > Airplane Mode to toggle it off.
To disable DND:
On iPhone, open Settings > Focus > Toggle Do Not disturb to off.
On Android, Swipe down from the home screen to open Notifications. Tap the Do Not Disturb shortcut at the top of the Notification Center.
6. Try calling the person at a different time of day. Sometimes, network traffic can be congested at certain times of day. Calling at a different time may be more successful.
7. If you’ve tried all of the above and you’re still unable to make outgoing calls, you may need to contact your service provider for assistance.
Was this page helpful?
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization.He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
With a passion for technology and a natural aptitude for understanding consumer behavior, Jasper has built a successful career in blogging.He has been quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures. With his thick-rimmed glasses and geeky demeanor, Jasper is a true tech nerd at heart.
You can read more about the team here.