This guide provides tested solutions to address the “Not all buyers can message this seller” issue promptly, along with tips to prevent it from occurring again.
Why “Not All Buyers Can Message This Seller” Issue Occurs in Facebook Marketplace?
Here are a few reasons behind the “Not all buyers can message this seller” issue in Facebook marketplace.
- Different regions may face messaging restrictions.
- Messaging overload.
How to Fix “Not All Buyers Can Message This Seller” Issue in Facebook Marketplace
Here are a few things you can try to fix the “Not all buyers can message this seller” issue in Facebook marketplace.
1. Use a VPN. To resolve the issue, consider using a VPN. VPNs enable you to change your device’s location, tricking Facebook into recognizing you’re in the same region as the seller.
After enabling the VPN, you can select the country where the seller resides and send messages accordingly. Note that some VPN services may require payment for specific locations. Ensure your device’s location is turned off during this process.
2. Just wait. If you’ve been messaging multiple sellers excessively on FB Marketplace, this error may occur. In such cases, wait for Facebook to lift the restriction, which usually takes about two weeks.
Sometimes, waiting resolves glitches as Facebook addresses such issues within a few days. Temporary bans cannot be lifted until the waiting time is over, so messaging will remain restricted until then.
3. Uninstall and reinstall Facebook and Messenger. If nothing else works, consider uninstalling and reinstalling both the Messenger and Facebook apps. This can help resolve temporary glitches or bugs within the apps by resetting the software.
4. Update app. Sometimes, you may not be aware of the latest version of Facebook being available. Typically, app updates resolve issues like the Not all buyers can message this seller error, which might occur due to random bugs. (Android, iPhone)
5. Clear Facebook cache. Facebook’s iPhone app may show this buyer error when it accumulates excessive trash files and irrelevant data. This happens if you don’t regularly clear the cache, which collects when you use the app. (Android, iPhone)
6. Try the browser version. If you encounter this error mainly on the Facebook app, try using the browser version as an alternative solution.
The browser version might enable messaging if the error is not intended, but it won’t bypass account restrictions. If you were using the browser, switch to the app for messaging convenience.
7. Report the problem to Facebook. If none of the previous solutions work, wait a few days for the restriction to be lifted. Meanwhile, report the issue to Facebook with as much detail and screenshots as possible.
While responses are rare, providing comprehensive information can expedite resolution. Typically, Facebook advises waiting for the ban to be lifted.
Was this page helpful?
Jasper Reed is the Editor of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of expertise in crafting tech troubleshooting guides. He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
Jasper’s “How-to” guides are often referenced by experts on platforms such as JustAnswer to help answer user’s tech queries. His articles are quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies like WikiHow, Think Impact, Enterprise Apps Today, and many others.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures.