If your Echo device isn’t playing any Napster music, it’s likely not a permanent problem. Here’s how to get Napster working correctly on your Echo again.
Note: Instructions in this article apply to all Alexa-enabled devices, including the Amazon Echo, Echo Show, and Echo Dot.
Why is Alexa Not Playing Napster?
Napster not playing on Echo devices can be caused by an out-of-date Alexa app or an inability to connect to a Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection.
The Napster service being down or offline can also cause Alexa to not play Napster.
How to Fix it When Alexa is Not Playing Napster
Here are the best solutions for how to fix Napster problems on Alexa-enabled device.
1. Check if Napster’s down. The Napster service could be experiencing a server outage or other technical issue.
2. Check your phone’s internet connection. The quickest way to do this is to open another app that needs an internet connection.
If your Wi-Fi is slow or completely down, turn it off and try using your phone’s cellular connection to access Alexa app. If your Mobile data is slow or completely down, turn it off and try using your Wi-Fi to access Alexa app.
The process of switching between Wi-Fi and Cellular connection depends on your platform: Android [How to Switch Between Mobile Data and Wi-Fi on Android], iPhone [How to Switch to Mobile Data or Wi-Fi on an iPhone]
3. Restart your Echo device. Restarting your echo device will often clear most problems. So take a moment to reboot your device to see if it resolves problems with Napster not connecting with Amazon Echo devices.
4. Unplug the Echo device. You have to unplug it for 30 seconds and plug it in again.
5. Remove the Napster skill and add it again. To remove the Napster skill, Open the Alexa app, Select More > Settings > Music & Podcasts > Napster > Disable Skill. To connect Napster with Alexa, open the Alexa app and go to More > Settings > Music & Podcasts > Link New Service > Napster.
6. Uninstall and reinstall the Alexa app. If nothing else has worked to this point, take the time to completely uninstall Alexa from your Android or iPhone. Then reinstall the Alexa app on your device to the latest version.
Was this page helpful?
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization.He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
With a passion for technology and a natural aptitude for understanding consumer behavior, Jasper has built a successful career in blogging.He has been quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures. With his thick-rimmed glasses and geeky demeanor, Jasper is a true tech nerd at heart.
You can read more about the team here.