MLB not working on Apple CarPlay is a common problem that can manifest as MLB being offline, unable to see MLB displayed on the Apple CarPlay, or MLB not playing audio.
This page covers all of the tested and proven solutions for how to fix it when MLB is not working on Apple CarPlay in addition to some tips for how to stop the MLB Apple CarPlay not working issue in the future.
Causes of MLB Not Working With Apple Carplay
Here are some possible reasons why MLB isn’t working with Apple Carplay:
- There’s a temporary communication hiccup between the two
- Compatibility issue between MLB and your car’s infotainment system
- Outdated MLB app or iPhone System
- The screen time limit is on
- MLB is restricted from running in the background
- Your phone has too weak of an internet connection to stream
How to Fix MLB Not Working on Apple Carplay
Follow these tips in order to fix it when Apple Carplay won’t play MLB:
1. Restart your iPhone.This is quick and easy to do and will serve multiple functions. It will refresh your phone and Apple Carplay connection (if you’re connected during the reboot) and completely shut down both apps.
2. Park your car and restart it by turning the ignition off and on. Or, if you can’t do that, some infotainment systems can be restarted by pressing and holding the infotainment’s power button. The previous step should be enough to restart communication between your phone and car.
3. Check the connection to CarPlay stereo. If you are using a wired connection to CarPlay, make sure that the USB cable is securely connected to both your iPhone and the CarPlay stereo. Try using a different USB cable if you have one.
4. Turn off the Screen Time limit. If you have screen time enabled on your iPhone, you may need to turn off the restriction for CarPlay.
You can go to Settings > Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps to enable CarPlay.
5. Deactivate Battery Saver Settings. Turn off battery optimization to fix things like buffering issues and unresponsive screens.
You can go to Settings > Battery & Performance > toggle off Battery Saver
6. Check to make sure your vehicle supports Apple CarPlay. The Apple CarPlay auto compatibility page will help you find out if your specific car and CarPlay are compatible. If they are not, there’s nothing you can do to get MLB working on Apple Carplay in your vehicle.
7. Allow CarPlay while locked. Make sure that CarPlay is allowed while your iPhone is locked.
You can go to Settings > General > CarPlay to enable CarPlay while locked.
8. Make Sure Siri is on. If you are using Siri to control MLB, you need to turn it on.
To make it, you can click on Settings > Siri & Search> Listen for Hey Siri on your iPhone.
9. Clear MLB Cache. Deleting an app’s cache clears away potentially corrupted temporary files that could be to blame for MLB not working with Carplay.
11. Uninstall and reinstall the MLB app. If nothing else has worked to this point, take the time to completely uninstall MLB from your iPhone. Then reinstall the MLB app from the App Store.
Was this page helpful?
Veronica Dash is a technology writer with over 5 years of experience in the realms of Smart Living, Connected Life, and Home Automation.
From creating intelligent lighting systems to designing integrated smart home ecosystems, her experiments have consistently pushed the boundaries of what is possible in the connected world.
Veronic’s expertise extends beyond technology; she recognizes the importance of user experience and the integration of smart solutions into everyday life.