This troubleshooting guide provides tested solutions to resolve Star Wars Jedi: Survivor stuttering, lag, or freezing problems swiftly, ensuring a smoother gaming experience on your PS5.
How to Fix Jedi Survivor Stuttering, Lag, or Freezing on PS5
Here are the best solutions for how to fix Jedi Survivor stuttering, lag, or freezing on PS5.
1. Use another graphics mode. Frame drops can occur in games, even on the PS5. To troubleshoot, try adjusting the graphics mode in the settings menu to see if high graphics settings are causing performance issues. Lowering graphics quality might resolve the problem.
2. Reboot the PS5 console. If you’re experiencing performance issues on your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5, try rebooting your PS5 console. A simple restart can often resolve issues like game crashes, lags, and stutters.
3. Update PlayStation firmware. To prevent graphical glitches or lags, update your PS5 system software. Here’s how:
- Navigate to Settings > System.
- Select System Software > System Software Update.
- Choose Update System Software > Update Using Internet.
4. Update Jedi Survivor. If you haven’t updated Jedi Survivor on your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5 console recently, be sure to follow these steps to update it.
To update Jedi Survivor on your PS5.
- Power on your PS5.
- Go to the Home screen.
- Select the Games tab.
- Find Jedi Survivor and highlight it.
- Press the Options button on your controller.
- Choose Check for Update from the menu.
5. Power cycle your PS5. Sometimes, system glitches or cache issues can lead to errors, crashes, and lags. Power cycling your console helps clear temporary cache or glitches, improving performance.
- Turn off your console.
- Unplug the power cable.
- Wait for 30 seconds.
- Plug the cable back in.
- Turn on the console and check for the issue again.
6. Keep PS5 in a well-ventilated area. Your PS5 may encounter performance issues or lags due to overheating. Ensure proper ventilation to prevent hardware stress that affects gameplay.
Keep your PS5 in a cool, well-ventilated area away from direct sunlight or congestion. Good airflow and lower temperatures help optimize your PS5’s performance.
7. Check your TV or Monitor. Your TV or monitor could be causing Jedi Survivor lag on your PS5. It might have a screen refresh rate issue or a temporary glitch that affects gameplay.
8. Try playing another game on PS5. If PlayStation games aren’t running smoothly, try playing a different game on your PS5 or wait a while before trying again to see if the issue resolves.
9. Clear Jedi Survivor game data. Deleting the game’s saved data on your console can resolve various issues with launching the game or gameplay. Here’s how:
- Navigate to Settings > Application Saved Data Management.
- Select either System Storage, Online Storage, or USB Storage > Choose Delete.
- Highlight the Jedi Survivor game > Mark the files you wish to delete or Select All.
- Confirm by choosing Delete > Select OK.
- Afterwards, restart your console to address any lagging issues with Jedi Survivor on the PS5.
10. Rebuild database. Rebuilding the database on your PS5 helps identify any storage drive issues that could lead to the game stuttering, lagging, or freezing on PS5.
- Power off your console completely and unplug the power cable. Wait for 2-3 minutes.
- Plug in the power cable and turn on the console to clear cached data automatically.
- Check if the issue persists with the game. If it does, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power button until you hear 2 beeps, indicating Safe Mode.
- Connect the controller to the console via USB and press the PS Button.
- Select Rebuild Database and confirm. This process may take some time.
- Once completed, reboot the system normally.
11. Hard reset your console. To resolve common system glitches or clear cache data issues from the game itself, consider performing a hard reset of your console. Here’s how:
- Turn off your PS4 or PS5.
- Press and hold the Power button until you hear two beep sounds.
- Choose the reset option you need.
- Wait for the process to finish, then sign in to your PlayStation account.
- Install Jedi Survivor and try launching it.
12. Don’t put in rest mode. As an extra tip, avoid using rest mode for your console during gameplay to prevent potential glitches or full rest mode activation. Simply refrain from entering rest mode while playing.
- Navigate to the PS5 Settings menu, then access the Power Saving tab.
- Choose Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode.
- Opt for Don’t Put in Rest Mode and restart the console to save the changes.
Was this page helpful?
Jasper Reed is the Editor of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of expertise in crafting tech troubleshooting guides. He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
Jasper’s “How-to” guides are often referenced by experts on platforms such as JustAnswer to help answer user’s tech queries. His articles are quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies like WikiHow, Think Impact, Enterprise Apps Today, and many others.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures.