This guide covers the best solutions for when IRS IRIS website isn’t working properly.
Whether the IRS IRIS website is affected by slow loading, blank pages, or error messages like “Something went wrong,” “500 Internal Server Error,” or “Cannot connect to IRS IRIS,” this page will provide several quick fixes to get your IRS IRIS website working again.
Why Is IRS IRIS Website Not Working
Here are a few reasons why the IRS IRIS website is not working.
- IRS IRIS outage.
- Outdated browser version.
- VPN service interference.
- System bugs.
How to Fix IRS IRIS Website Not Working
Here are a few things you can do to fix when the IRS IRIS website is not working.
1. Check if IRS IRIS is down. Visit Downdetector to verify if there’s an IRS outage. If yes, wait for it to be resolved.
2. Restart Browser. Close the browser using the X in the top right. After a few minutes, reopen the browser to see if the problem persists.
3. Restart your PC. If IRS IRIS website is not functioning, resolving the issue might be as simple as restarting your PC. Give it a try and check if the problem is resolved.
4. Try browsing in incognito mode. If none of the above fixes have worked, try browsing in incognito mode to resolve connectivity issues.
5. Update Browser. Consider updating your browser to ensure you have the latest version. Follow these steps to accomplish that:
On Google Chrome: Click the three dots in the top right corner, then select Help > About Google Chrome.
On Firefox: Click the three lines in the top right corner, then select Help > About Firefox.
On Safari: Click Safari in the top menu bar, then select Preferences > General > check the box next to Automatically check for updates.
6. Restart your router. Reboot the Wi-Fi router for improved performance. These are the steps to follow in restarting the Wi-Fi router.
Switch off the router, disconnect it from devices and power.
Wait 3 minutes, then plug it in.
Wait for the signal, and reconnect to the internet.
7. Disable browser extensions. Browser extensions can be useful but might cause conflicts, disrupting IRS IRIS loading if corrupt or buggy. Try disabling extensions to check for connectivity issues.
On Google Chrome: Click the three dots in the top right corner > More tools > Extensions
On Firefox: Click the three lines in the top right corner > Add-ons > Extensions
On Safari: Click Safari in the top menu bar, then select Preferences > Extensions
8. Clear your browser cache. To resolve various problems that may arise while accessing the IRS IRIS website, you can address them by clearing your browser cache.
Clear cache quickly via Ctrl+Shift+Del (Windows) or Command+Shift+Delete (Mac). Otherwise, try your browser’s Settings, Privacy, or Advanced options.
Tip: You can perform a hard reload of IRS IRIS website to bypass the browser’s cache and force it to download the latest version of the pages. To do this, hold down the Shift key and press F5 (Windows) or Command + Shift + R (Mac).
9. Reset browser. This action restores all settings of the browser to their factory defaults, and here’s the process.
On Chrome: Click the three dots in the top right corner. Navigate to Settings > Reset Settings > Restore Settings to Their Original Defaults > Reset Settings.
10. Disable your VPN. Temporarily disable your VPN and check if IRS IRIS works. Steps may vary depending on your VPN provider.
11. Disable your antivirus program. While not ideal, temporarily disable your antivirus if IRS IRIS isn’t working. For a lasting fix, add IRS IRIS website as an exception in your antivirus settings. Refer to your antivirus software’s help pages for guidance and remember to re-enable your antivirus after using IRS IRIS.
12. Turn off proxy servers. If you’re still encountering problems with IRS IRIS, consider disabling proxy servers in your browser.
On Chrome: Click the three dots in the top right corner. Go to Settings > System > Open your computer’s proxy settings > Ensure Automatically Detect Settings and Use a Proxy Server are off.
13. Contact IRS IRIS support. If none of the above fixes work, contact IRS IRIS support for assistance.
Was this page helpful?
Jasper Reed is the Editor of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of expertise in crafting tech troubleshooting guides. He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
Jasper’s “How-to” guides are often referenced by experts on platforms such as JustAnswer to help answer user’s tech queries. His articles are quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies like WikiHow, Think Impact, Enterprise Apps Today, and many others.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures.