Wondering how to fix the Instagram issue “Sorry, Something Went Wrong Creating Your Account”?. No worries! You are at the right place to fix this issue.
In this guide, we will try the following methods to fix this issue.
6. Wait it out
We will discuss each of these methods in detail below.
Update Instagram App
Check whether a new update is available on Playstore or Appstore for the Instagram app. If there is an update available, then update it. Sometimes updating Instagram can fix the error “Sorry, Something Went Wrong Creating Your Account”.
Follow the below steps to update Instagram.
- Locate the Play Store or App Store app on your phone
- Search “Instagram”
- Select Instagram
- Click on “Update” to update the latest version
Now, you will be able to log in to your account without getting the “Sorry, Something Went Wrong Creating Your Account” error message.
If you are not able to access your account by the above method, you can try the next method.
Signup with Facebook
Sometimes creating an Instagram account with Facebook can fix the error “Sorry something went wrong creating your account”
Follow the below steps to create an Instagram account with Facebook.
- Click on “Signup with email or phone number”.
- Tap on the “Signup with Facebook” option at the bottom of the page.
- If you are already logged in to Facebook on the browser, they will connect your account with Instagram by default
- Click on “Continue as ABC” under the message “Instagram would like to access your Facebook account”
- Click on “Continue as ABC”.
- After you have tapped on the “Continue as ABC”, you will land on the page where you can enter “Username” and “Password” for the account that you want to create
- Enter “Username” and “Password”
- Click on the “Next” button
- You can add a profile photo for your account by clicking “Next” under the “Add a profile photo”
- Enter the phone number under the “Add phone number” field (Adding a phone number will help you to log in more easily, recover your account, and find people to follow)
- If you want to turn on the notification, click on the “Turn on” option under the “Turn on Notifications”. If you don’t want to turn on the notification, click on the “Not Now” button under the “turn on Notifications”
Now, you will be able to log in to your account without getting the “Sorry something went wrong creating your account” error message.
If none of the above methods worked out, then you can try the next method
Clear the Instagram App data
Follow the below steps to fix the error “Sorry something went wrong creating your account” on your Instagram.
- Locate the “Instagram” app on your mobile.
- Long press on the app icon
- Click on the “i” button
- After you have tapped on the “i” symbol, you will land on the app information page.
- On the page, you will see multiple options. This includes “Notification”, “Permissions”, “Data usage” and more.
- Click on “Storage” to go to storage information
- Click on “Clear Storage”
- Confirm the action by clicking on “Ok”
- Click on “Permissions”. Enable all the permissions from there
- Try opening it again.
This might have fixed the error. If you are not able to fix the error by the above method, you can try the next method.
Uninstall and Reinstall Instagram
Try installing and reinstalling the Instagram app. Uninstalling Instagram will clear the app’s data and cache.
Follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall Instagram.
- Locate the “Instagram” app on your mobile phone.
- Long press on the app icon
- Tap on the “i” button
- On the page, you’ll see multiple options.
- Tap on the “Uninstall” button from the top of the page.
- Click on “Ok” to confirm uninstalling.
- After uninstalling, reinstall it.
- Locate Playstore or Appstore from your mobile
- Search for “Instagram”. Select Instagram app
- Click on “Install”.
- After installing the app, try to log in with “Username” and “Password”.
Now, you will be able to fix the issue with Instagram.
You can also try reaching out to Instagram informing them about your issues. There are different ways to contact the Instagram support team.
A few of them are mentioned below.
- Contact Instagram Support directly
- Contact Instagram via Report link
- Get answers from Quora and Reddit
- Contact Instagram Support via Twitter and Linkedin
- Use official Facebook pages
- Contact Instagram Support through Email
- Contact Instagram directly
Detailed step-by-step instructions to contact Instagram is provided below.
Wait it out
If you are not addicted to Instagram, then it is advisable to wait for a few weeks before repeating the steps mentioned above.
Hope you got an idea about fixing the Instagram issue “Sorry something went wrong creating your account”. Kindly let us know if you have any queries.
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization.He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
With a passion for technology and a natural aptitude for understanding consumer behavior, Jasper has built a successful career in blogging.He has been quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures. With his thick-rimmed glasses and geeky demeanor, Jasper is a true tech nerd at heart.