This article covers the best solutions for when Fubo isn’t working properly on a Vizio smart TV. Whether your Fubo app is slow, won’t stop buffering, keeps crashing, or even completely disappears, this page will provide several quick fixes to get your Fubo streaming properly again.
Why Can’t I Get Fubo Working On My Vizio Smart TV?
Fubo technical issues on smart TVs, such as those made by Vizio, are usually caused by:
- Out-of-date operating system
- Out-of-date Fubo app
- Internet connectivity problems
- Fubo service outages
How to Fix Fubo Not Working on Vizio Smart TVs
Here’s all of the best solutions for Fubo problems on Vizio’s smart TVs. It’s best to work through these fixes in the order presented as they’re listed from fastest and easiest to more complex.
1. Check your Vizio TV’s internet connection. The easiest way to do this is to try another app that also requires access to the internet.
2. Check if Fubo’s down. The Fubo service itself could simply be experiencing server or other technical issues.
3. Try another Fubo episode or movie. Fubo streaming issues can sometimes affect specific films or episodes. If other Fubo content streams fine and the program you want to watch doesn’t try waiting an hour or so for the issue to remedy itself.
4. Restart your Vizio smart TV. To restart your Vizio smart TV, unplug your TV, wait 30 seconds, and then plug it in again.
5. Update the Vizio Fubo app.Press the V or VIA button on your remote. Select the Fubo > Update > Yes > OK. If you can’t see the Update option, you already have the latest version installed.
6. Update your Vizio smart TV’s firmware. To update the operating system on Vizio smart TVs, press the V or VIA button on the TV remote. Select System > Check for Updates.
7. Reboot your internet router. If your Vizio smart TV is experiencing internet connectivity issues on multiple apps, a router reboot could be the solution.
8. Use a wired internet connection. Rather than connecting your TV to the internet via Wi-Fi, which can sometimes be too slow for streaming Fubo, connect it directly to your internet router via a cable connection.
Tip: An Ethernet cable is the common way to connect a smart TV to an internet router or modem, though a coaxial cable can also be used when ethernet isn’t an option.
9. Log out of Fubo and log back in again. Quickly sign out and then back in to refresh the app and potentially fix any glitches affecting your Vizio smart TV Fubo app.
10. Turn off your VPN. Fubo is known to block accounts that use a VPN.
11. Sign all accounts out of Fubo on all devices. Open the Fubo app or website on any device and sign out from all devices. It’s possible that too many people were accessing your Fubo account simultaneously.
12. Uninstall the Vizio smart TV Fubo app. Delete the Fubo app from your Vizio TV and then reinstall it again.
To delete an app from a Vizio Smart TV, press the V or VIA button on the TV remote. Select Fubo > Delete App > Yes > OK
Tip: If you suspect a stranger is accessing your Fubo account, change your password to prevent them from logging in.
13. Cast Fubo to your Vizio smart TV. If you still can’t get the Vizio Fubo app to work on your smart TV, try casting content to it from the Fubo app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
14. Factory reset your Vizio smart TV. If none of the above fixes get Fubo working, perform a hard reset on your TV to remove all apps and settings and return it to its as-new state. This can often fix a host of problems.
To factory reset your Vizio TV: Press the Menu button on the TV remote. Navigate to System > Reset & Admin > Reset TV to Factory Defaults > Reset. Enter the passcode or system PIN. The default value is 0000. Try that if you’ve never set it before.
Note: The Reset and Update option requires an internet connection, so only choose that if you’re sure that your Vizio TV is able to access the internet.
Was this page helpful?
Rachel Turner is a technology writer and streaming expert with over 5 years of comprehensive experience in the dynamic world of digital entertainment.
Rachel has meticulously researched, tested, and documented solutions for common streaming hiccups. Whether you’re facing buffering problems, login issues, or any other streaming-related challenge, Rachel Turner is your reliable source for definitive solutions in the ever-evolving world of digital entertainment.