Dish Anywhere app not working on an iPhone is a common problem that can manifest as the app freezing while in use or even completely crashing and restarting. This page covers all of the tested and proven solutions for how to fix it when Dish Anywhere app stops working on an iPhone in addition to some tips for how to stop the iPhone Dish Anywhere app from freezing and crashing in the future.
Note: The fixes on this page apply to the iOS Dish Anywhere app on all iPhone smartphone models from the iPhone 5S and higher.
Why Is Dish Anywhere App Crashing on an iPhone?
Dish Anywhere crashing or not opening on an iPhone can be caused by an out-of-date app or operating system, a lack of free space on the iPhone, or an inability to connect to a Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection.
The Dish Anywhere service being down or offline can also cause the Dish Anywhere app to freeze, crash, or stop running properly.
How to Fix Dish Anywhere App Not Opening on an iPhone
Here are the best solutions for how to fix Dish Anywhere app problems on iPhone smartphones.
1. Check if Dish Anywhere’s down. The Dish Anywhere service could be experiencing a server outage or other technical issue.
2. Switch between Wi-Fi and cellular connection. Check your iPhone’s Wi-Fi or cellular connection. The quickest way to do this is to open another app that needs an internet connection. If your Wi-Fi is slow or completely down, turn it off and try using your iPhone’s cellular connection to access Dish Anywhere. If your Mobile data is slow or completely down, turn it off and try using your Wi-Fi to access Dish Anywhere.
3. Toggle Airplane Mode on and off. This only takes a few seconds and is an easy way to reset your iPhone’s Wi-Fi and cellular connections.
4. Restart the Dish Anywhere app on your iPhone. Properly closing the Dish Anywhere app, not just minimizing it, and then opening it again could fix the problem.
5. Restart your iPhone. A quick restart can fix a number of iPhone app problems.
6. Update the Dish Anywhere app. An app update may be required to get Dish Anywhere to open on your iPhone and work properly.
Wait for the app update to finish. If the Dish Anywhere app icon appears faded and is unresponsive, this means that the app’s in the process of being updated. Make sure your iPhone’s connected to the internet and wait until the update’s finished.
Note: An iPhone app update can take anywhere from a minute to half an hour depending on your iPhone model and the speed of the internet connection.
7. Update your iPhone. Downloading and installing the latest iOS operating system can fix a variety of system and app issues.
8. Free-up space on your iPhone. A lack of free space can often cause iPhone apps to crash or not open.
9. Log out of Dish Anywhere and then log back in. This quick process can reset your device’s connection to Dish Anywhere’s servers.
10. Reinstall the Dish Anywhere app. Uninstall the Dish Anywhere app on your iPhone and then reinstall it via the App Store.
11. Disable iPhone’s Content & Privacy Restrictions settings. Open Settings and select Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions and make sure the main switch is off.
Tip: Alternatively, you can add Dish Anywhere to the list of exceptions in Screen Time > Content & Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps.
12. Reset your iPhone’s app settings. Performing the Reset All Settings procedure keeps all your files and data intact but will clear your iPhone’s preferences relating to how apps are used. This can clear out any conflicting settings that are stopping Dish Anywhere from working properly.
Important: Make sure to choose Reset All Settings when performing a reset. Other options such as Erase All Content and Settings can completely remove everything from your iPhone.
13. Reset your iPhone’s network settings. If the Dish Anywhere app is having trouble connecting to the Dish Anywhere servers, performing a network settings reset could fix it.
14. Contact Dish Anywhere Customer Support. If nothing else appears to be working, reach out to Dish Anywhere’s official support to see if they can fix the issue.
If Dish Anywhere notifications aren’t working, ensure you’ve enabled notifications in your iPhone settings. Next, go to your Dish Anywhere account and select the notifications you want to receive. Also, ensure your phone isn’t set to Do Not Disturb, and clear the Dish Anywhere data cache.
Was this page helpful?
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization.He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
With a passion for technology and a natural aptitude for understanding consumer behavior, Jasper has built a successful career in blogging.He has been quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures. With his thick-rimmed glasses and geeky demeanor, Jasper is a true tech nerd at heart.
You can read more about the team here.