WHAT TO KNOW
- Connect Watch and phone to same Wi-Fi network > Turn on Watch and phone Bluetooth > Restart Deezer app.
- Restart Watch > Delete and re-install Deezer app > Reset network settings on phone and Watch.
- If nothing else works, set up a Genius Bar appointment.
This article explains what to try if Deezer ever stops working on your Apple Watch. These troubleshooting steps should help get you back to listening in no time:
How to Fix It When Deezer is Not Working on Apple Watch
Go through each of these troubleshooting steps until you find the one that fixes your issue so you can get back to listening to your favorite tunes and podcasts.
1. Make sure your Apple Watch is connected to Wi-Fi. You must connect your Watch to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone. If it’s not, then your Deezer app won’t work on your Watch. Double-check you’re using the same Wi-Fi for both devices, and then try Deezer again.
To connect using WatchOS 5.0 or later, go to Settings > Wi-Fi > select network > enter Wi-Fi password > Join.
To connect using WatchOS 4.x or later, go to Settings > Bluetooth > toggle off.
For 4.x, it must be connected to the same network that your iPhone is connected to or has connected to in the past.
2. Make sure your Apple Watch’s Bluetooth is enabled, Bluetooth is enabled on your iPhone, and that your headphones are connected. If your Bluetooth isn’t connected, your Deezer app probably won’t behave the way you expect it.
To turn on Bluetooth on your Apple Watch, swipe up from the bottom of the Watch face and make sure the network icon (should be the top, left icon) is highlighted in blue. You can then double-check on your iPhone to ensure your Watch is connected by going to Settings > Bluetooth.
3. Close the Deezer app on your Apple Watch and then restart it. Alternatively, you can force quit the app if it’s frozen by holding down the side button on your Apple Watch until the shut-down screen appears. Once it does, hold the Digital Crown button down until the app closes. Once the app closes completely, restart the app to see if it’s working correctly. This process can clear out any unexplained glitches and let you start from a ‘clean’ beginning.
4. Restart your Apple Watch. If closing or force closing the app didn’t work, you might want to try restarting your Apple Watch entirely. Doing this will clear out all open apps and any bugs or glitches that might be interfering with the Deezer app so that once the Apple watch is loaded up again, you can re-open Deezer and try again.
To restart Apple Watch, press/hold the side button, then swipe Power Off. Press/hold the side button again, then release when the logo appears.
5. Make sure your Watch and the Deezer App are updated. It would be best if you started by updating your Apple Watch. Once it’s completely updated, you’ll need to go to your iPhone to make sure your iPhone apps are up to date, including the Deezer app.
Before updating: Connect iPhone to Wi-Fi > update iOS > charge Watch to at least 50-percent > keep devices close.
Update on Watch: Open Settings > General > Software Update > follow on-screen instructions.
Update on iPhone: Open Apple Watch app > select General > Software Update > Download and Install.
Once everything is updated, try resyncing your Apple Watch and then try the Deezer app again.
Re-sync: Open Watch app > General > Reset > Reset Sync Data to re-sync your Apple Watch.
6. Delete the Deezer app from your Apple Watch. Once it’s completely deleted, then try reinstalling the app to your Watch. Deleting the app and reinstalling it is an excellent way to ensure you’re working for a new, uncorrupted installation. Doing this could solve any issues you’re having with the Deezer app.
WatchOS 6 and later: Press the Apple Watch digital crown. Tap the App Store app. Scroll and tap the download arrow on any app.
WatchOS 5 and earlier: In the iPhone Watch app, tap My Watch. In the Available App section, tap Install next to an app.
7. Reset the network settings on your iPhone. This process should automatically reset the network settings on your Apple Watch to ensure you’re using the same network settings. The Reset Network Settings option will clear out all your network connections, including Bluetooth settings, so you may need to reconnect your Apple Watch and any headphones you’re using once the reset is complete.
8. If nothing works, consider making a Genius Bar appointment. Apple users can get one-on-one tech support from a trained specialist at the Genius Bar for Apple devices.
The Genius Bar workers are accustomed to dealing with all manner of problems, including issues like Deezer not behaving correctly on your Apple Watch. A meeting with a Genius Bar expert could have you up and running again in no time.
Why Can’t I Play Deezer on My Apple Watch Without My Phone?
If you’re having trouble with Deezer on your Apple Watch, it could be caused by a network connection issue, it could be a glitch in the software, or it could be something else entirely. Either way, this is usually indicated by problems such as:
- No controls when trying to skip, fast forward, stop, or play songs from your Apple Watch.
- Music won’t stream to connected headphones.
- Deezer is not connecting at all.
Regardless of how it appears or why it happens, though, walk through the above troubleshooting steps which should get your Deezer app working right again.
Was this page helpful?
Veronica Dash is a technology writer with over 5 years of experience in the realms of Smart Living, Connected Life, and Home Automation.
From creating intelligent lighting systems to designing integrated smart home ecosystems, her experiments have consistently pushed the boundaries of what is possible in the connected world.
Veronic’s expertise extends beyond technology; she recognizes the importance of user experience and the integration of smart solutions into everyday life.