If you’re frustrated when Braid won’t update on the Mac, we’ve got some potential solutions you can try to troubleshoot the issue.
What Causes Braid to Fail to Update on Mac?
If you can’t update Braid on Mac, this can be for a number of reasons with some being easier to fix than others. Here’s a quick overview of why Braid might not be updating.
- The Braid servers are down. Sometimes, Braid’s servers can be down, so it’s a good idea to check if the issue is on your end or theirs first before doing anything else.
- A VPN or firewall is blocking access to Braid. If your VPN or firewall is set up to block a lot of activity, you may find it impossible to update Braid while it’s active.
- Your Mac isn’t compatible with Braid. Got an aging Mac? A recent update may mean you can no longer play Braid on that Mac.
- Your Braid install is corrupt. Sometimes, the Braid files can fail so you’ll need to uninstall and reinstall it or opt to run Braid via your browser.
Note: When Braid won’t update, you won’t lose any files or progress as Braid data is stored on the cloud. You simply won’t be able to access it.
How to Fix the Braid Update Error on Mac
Follow the steps below to fix the Braid update error you may be seeing when trying to update it on Mac. Not all of these may apply to your situation but follow them in order and skip any that aren’t relevant.
1. Check your Mac is online. Check you’re currently online and have a strong internet connection. If you aren’t online, you can’t update Braid.
2. Restart your Mac. It’s a simple solution but restarting your Mac often fixes many issues and that can include problems updating Braid.
3. Launch Braid from your browser. If you keep seeing an “upgrade failed” message, try playing Braid via your web browser instead of using the app. By doing so, the latest version of Braid player will be installed so you can continue playing.
4. Try using a different web browser. If you also can’t get Braid to launch from your browser, try using a different one. Braid recommends using Google Chrome or Firefox rather than Safari.
5. Uninstall and reinstall Braid. Uninstall the Braid app from your Mac and try reinstalling it. This can fix issues with corrupt files.
Note: Make sure to download Braid from a reputable source.
6. Update your Mac. Sometimes updating your Mac can fix many common issues, including running Braid successfully.
7. Disable your VPN or firewall. If you use either a VPN or a firewall, the update may fail due to network issues. Disable them temporarily to update Braid.
8. Reset Braid settings. If you’re willing to delve into some settings on your Mac, navigate to Library > Preferences then delete everything in the Braid folder.
Note: To access the Library folder, with either the desktop or a Finder window as the frontmost application, hold down the Option key and select the Go menu. The Library folder appears as one of the items in the Go menu.
9. Download Braid to a USB flash drive on another Mac. If you’ve tried removing all traces of Braid on your current Mac, try downloading a new version of it via a different Mac. It requires you to have another Mac available (or from a friend), but it may fix the issue.
10. Contact Braid support. If you’ve tried all these steps and Braid still won’t work, contact Braid customer support with your Braid username, any error messages you’ve received, the model name of your Mac, and which version of macOS your Mac is running.
If you decide you don’t want to use Braid anymore, you can permanently delete it from your system. First, make sure you’ve quit and completely closed down the Braid application. Locate the Braid application icon in your Mac’s Applications folder, then drag and drop Braid into the Trash and Empty it. Note that this removes Braid from your system, but does not get rid of your Braid account.
Was this page helpful?
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization.He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
With a passion for technology and a natural aptitude for understanding consumer behavior, Jasper has built a successful career in blogging.He has been quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures. With his thick-rimmed glasses and geeky demeanor, Jasper is a true tech nerd at heart.
You can read more about the team here.