This article covers the best solutions for when Apple TV+ isn’t working properly on a Vizio smart TV. Whether your Apple TV app is slow, won’t stop buffering, keeps crashing, or even completely disappears, this page will provide several quick fixes to get your Apple TV+ streaming properly again.
Why Can’t I Get Apple TV+ Working On My Vizio Smart TV?
Apple TV+ technical issues on smart TVs, such as those made by Vizio, are usually caused by:
- Out-of-date operating system
- Out-of-date Apple TV app
- Internet connectivity problems
- Apple TV+ service outages
How to Fix Apple TV+ Not Working on Vizio Smart TVs
Here’s all of the best solutions for Apple TV+ problems on Vizio’s smart TVs. It’s best to work through these fixes in the order presented as they’re listed from fastest and easiest to more complex.
1. Check your Vizio TV’s internet connection. The easiest way to do this is to try another app that also requires access to the internet.
2. Check if Apple TV+’s down. The Apple TV+ service itself could simply be experiencing server or other technical issues.
3. Try another Apple TV+ episode or movie. Apple TV+ streaming issues can sometimes affect specific films or episodes. If other Apple TV+ content streams fine and the program you want to watch doesn’t try waiting an hour or so for the issue to remedy itself.
4. Restart your Vizio smart TV. To restart your Vizio smart TV, unplug your TV, wait 30 seconds, and then plug it in again.
5. Update the Vizio Apple TV app.Press the V or VIA button on your remote. Select the Apple TV > Update > Yes > OK. If you can’t see the Update option, you already have the latest version installed.
6. Update your Vizio smart TV’s firmware. To update the operating system on Vizio smart TVs, press the V or VIA button on the TV remote. Select System > Check for Updates.
7. Reboot your internet router. If your Vizio smart TV is experiencing internet connectivity issues on multiple apps, a router reboot could be the solution.
8. Use a wired internet connection. Rather than connecting your TV to the internet via Wi-Fi, which can sometimes be too slow for streaming Apple TV+, connect it directly to your internet router via a cable connection.
Tip: An Ethernet cable is the common way to connect a smart TV to an internet router or modem, though a coaxial cable can also be used when ethernet isn’t an option.
9. Log out of Apple TV+ and log back in again. Quickly sign out and then back in to refresh the app and potentially fix any glitches affecting your Vizio smart TV Apple TV app.
10. Turn off your VPN. Apple TV+ is known to block accounts that use a VPN.
11. Sign all accounts out of Apple TV+ on all devices. Open the Apple TV app or website on any device and sign out from all devices. It’s possible that too many people were accessing your Apple TV+ account simultaneously.
12. Uninstall the Vizio smart TV Apple TV app. Delete the Apple TV app from your Vizio TV and then reinstall it again.
To delete an app from a Vizio Smart TV, press the V or VIA button on the TV remote. Select Apple TV > Delete App > Yes > OK
Tip: If you suspect a stranger is accessing your Apple TV+ account, change your password to prevent them from logging in.
13. Cast Apple TV+ to your Vizio smart TV. If you still can’t get the Vizio Apple TV app to work on your smart TV, try casting content to it from the Apple TV app on your smartphone, tablet, or computer.
14. Factory reset your Vizio smart TV. If none of the above fixes get Apple TV+ working, perform a hard reset on your TV to remove all apps and settings and return it to its as-new state. This can often fix a host of problems.
To factory reset your Vizio TV: Press the Menu button on the TV remote. Navigate to System > Reset & Admin > Reset TV to Factory Defaults > Reset. Enter the passcode or system PIN. The default value is 0000. Try that if you’ve never set it before.
Note: The Reset and Update option requires an internet connection, so only choose that if you’re sure that your Vizio TV is able to access the internet.
Was this page helpful?
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization.He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
With a passion for technology and a natural aptitude for understanding consumer behavior, Jasper has built a successful career in blogging.He has been quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures. With his thick-rimmed glasses and geeky demeanor, Jasper is a true tech nerd at heart.
You can read more about the team here.