Wondering how to deregister Kindle devices? Yes, you are at the right place to learn about deregistering kindle devices.
Deregistering a device is required when another person is taking ownership of your device. After you deregister, you will no longer be able to purchase content for your device. After you deregister, you will no longer be able to purchase content for your device.
How to deregister the kindle devices ?
Follow the below steps to deregister your Kindle device.
- Switch on the Kindle device and unlock the screen.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines on the top right of the screen.
- Click on the “Settings”.
- Click on “Registration and Household”.
- Click on “Deregister Device”.
- Now a confirmation screen would pop up and click on “Deregister” in the popup screen.
Can we deregister Kindle devices through Amazon account?
Yes, you can deregister Kindle devices through the Amazon account to which the device is registered.
- Login to your Amazon account.
- Click on the “Account & Lists” on the top right of the home page. Select “Manage Your Content & Devices”.
- Select “Devices” from the top.
- There you could see the devices that are connected to that amazon account. Click on Kindle.
- The information regarding that device would pop up. Click on the “Deregister” option from that.
- A confirmation to deregister is being asked. Click on the “ Deregister” again.
You can repeat the same process for other devices as well.
What to do when we lose our Kindle device?
You can deregister your account through the Amazon account in which you registered the device. The steps are as mentioned above.
The person having the Kindle can no longer do anything through your account. The books you read, purchased, etc, will be linked to your account, so when you deregister automatically they will be erased from the device.
For further safety, you can report to the Amazon help center about the stolen device and enquire about the usage of the account or deregister, etc.
Follow the below steps to contact the Amazon help center.
Contact Amazon Help Center through the browser on a desktop or laptop
Follow the below steps to contact Amazon Help center through the browser on a desktop or laptop.
- Login to your Amazon account.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page to find “Help” under “Let Us Help You” section.
- Click on Digital Services and Device Support.
- Scroll down to the bottom. Click on Contact Us. (Alternatively you can also check the amazon community to check whether your query was already answered.)
- Choose the option to receive support from Amazon.
Contact Amazon Help Center through Amazon App
Follow the below steps to contact Amazon Help Center through Amazon App
- Open the Amazon App.
- Click on the 3 horizontal lines on the bottom right of the page.
- Scroll down and click “Customer Service”.
- On the bottom of the page you can see the options to contact them, select from that.
Deregistering an Amazon kindle device means that you will no longer be able to access the Kindle device with your existing login id. After you deregister, you will not be able to see the e-books you have purchased earlier.
Follow the below steps to see devices that are logged into using your Amazon account.
Login to your Amazon account.
Click on the “Account & Lists” on the top right of the home page. Select “Manage Your Content & Devices”.
Select “Devices” from the top.
There you could see the devices that are connected to that amazon account.
Click on the required device to see the exact device information.
Hope you get an idea about deregistering kindle devices. Kindly let us know if you have any queries.
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization.He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
With a passion for technology and a natural aptitude for understanding consumer behavior, Jasper has built a successful career in blogging.He has been quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures. With his thick-rimmed glasses and geeky demeanor, Jasper is a true tech nerd at heart.
You can read more about the team here.