|Time Required||10 – 20 minutes|
There is a lot of confusion around Chegg’s status.
There are many reasons for Chegg being down right now.
It can either be because of an issue at your end such as a problem with your internet connection/computer or due to Chegg itself.
It is difficult to find out whether Chegg is down for everyone or just for you.
But there are a few things that you can do to understand whether the problem is with you or with Chegg.
How to know if Chegg is down?
First and foremost, if you’re unsure about what’s going on, check a few official sources to discover whether the service is down for some reason.
1. Look for the hashtag #Cheggdown on Twitter. Keep track of when the hashtag was last tweeted.
Click on “Latest” to see if users have started tweeting about the outage recently.
Also, keep an eye on Chegg’s Twitter account for any updates on the site’s status.
If you need more help, you can also tweet them with your problems.
2. Check third-party sites which track the up-down status of other websites. They will track Chegg as well.
You can use these websites to check whether Chegg is down right now or not. Here are a few:
3. You can also Chegg’s official Facebook page to check whether they have reported any outages or not.
Based on the above checks, you will get to know whether Chegg is down or not.
If the problem is at Chegg’s end, you can wait for some time as they will do the needful to get the site up.
However, if Chegg is working fine, then the problem is at your end.
Then you need to follow the steps mentioned below to connect to Chegg.
What to Do When You Can’t Connect to Chegg?
If Chegg appears to be working fine for everyone except you, then there are a few things you might do to fix it.
1. If you are using the Chegg app, then you can try to close and re-open the app.
Sometimes, simply restarting the app fixes the issue.
2. Check whether the Chegg app is up to date.
You can check Google Play Store or Apple App Store to check whether there is any latest notification regarding updates.
If there are any updates, complete the app update process.
3. You can also try reinstalling the app. Sometimes, just reinstalling the app fixes the issue.
4. Check whether there is a network issue by restarting your router or modem.
If it is a network issue, restarting the network might solve the problem.
5. You can also try opening Chegg in an incognito tab if you’re using a web browser.
Cookies, temporary files, and Chrome extensions are not used in incognito tabs.
6. Clear the cache in your browser. All major web browsers such as Google Chrome, Safari, etc. allow you to delete the cache on both desktop and mobile.
Clearing cache helps to improve the performance of your browser as it removes the saved data from previous websites you’ve visited.
7. If clearing the cache doesn’t work, then try clearing your browser’s cookies.
Cookies are small files containing information about you, such as advertising preferences or personalization settings.
If you are using Google Chrome, then follow the below steps to clear browser cookies and cache in Google chrome through a desktop or laptop.
Open the Google Chrome browser.
Click the 3 vertically arranged dots on the top right of the page.
Click on “More tools”.
Click on “Clear browsing data”.
Now Clear browsing data page is open.
Adjust the “Time Range”.
You can see Browsing History, Download History, Cookies, and other site data, etc. on the pop-up.
Choose Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
Click on Clear data.
8. Check your computer for malware. It’s rare, but it could be that malware is stuck in somewhere.
A good antivirus checker can help you find and clear any malicious software.
9. Restart your device. Often, just turning it off and on again will resolve issues.
Alternatively, you can wait it out if there is an issue on Chegg‘s end.
These issues tend to resolve themselves reasonably quickly.
The above steps will also solve your below queries.
- Is Chegg down today
- Is Chegg down at the moment
- Is Chegg down 2022
- Chegg not working on safari
- Chegg app down
- Chegg website down
Hope you get an idea about the process to check whether Chegg is down or not.
Kindly let us know if you have any queries.
Was this page helpful?
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization.He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
With a passion for technology and a natural aptitude for understanding consumer behavior, Jasper has built a successful career in blogging.He has been quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures. With his thick-rimmed glasses and geeky demeanor, Jasper is a true tech nerd at heart.
You can read more about the team here.