Wondering how to change Fiverr username.
Yes, you are at the right place to learn about how to change your Fiverr username.
Your username is your unique identity on Fiverr, and it cannot be changed once you create it. If you want to change your username, you need to close your existing Fiverr account first and then create a new one.
In this article, I am going to show you how to change your Fiverr username in the most effective way possible.
To change your Fiverr username, simply follow the below steps.
- Deactivate your current Fiverr account
- Login to the Fiverr account
- Select “Join” from the top right corner
- Enter your new email address and select “CONTINUE“
- Enter your NEW FIVERR USERNAME and password
We’ll explain each of these steps in detail in this tutorial.
In addition to that, we will also discuss some of the drawbacks and advantages of changing your Fiverr username.
So, before taking any action, make sure you read the entire article.
Let’s get started.
Can I change my username on Fiverr?
No, Fiverr doesn’t allow anyone to change the username of an existing Fiverr account.
If you need to change the Fiverr username, the only option is to open a new account with your desired username.
However, the good news is that you can use your old account email address to open your new account. To do this, all you need to do is to change the email address in your old account to a new email id. Then cancel the old Fiverr account. Use the earlier email address to open a new account.
How to change the email address of your existing Fiverr account?
Follow the below steps to change the email address of your existing Fiverr account.
Login to your Fiverr account.
Go to your profile in the right top corner.
From the profile, click on “Settings.”
Enter your new email address and click “Save.”
You’ll receive an email to your current email address requesting to confirm the change. Once the change is confirmed, you’ll receive another email to your new email address finalizing the change.
How to delete your Fiverr account?
Follow the below steps to delete your Fiverr account.
Login to your Fiverr account.
Click on your profile picture from the Fiverr homepage.
Select “Settings” from it.
In the ACCOUNT DEACTIVATION area, choose a reason for the account’s deactivation.
In the present case, the goal is to change the username. So, you should select “I want to change my username.”
Click “Deactivate account.”
A confirmation email is sent to your Gmail account, indicating the account deactivation.
How to create a new Fiverr account once you’ve deleted the old account?
Follow the below steps to create a new Fiverr account.
First, go to the Fiverr homepage.
Click “Join” in the upper right-hand corner of their page and create a new Fiverr account with the targeted username.
Enter your email address and click “Continue.”
Note: You can also join with Facebook, Google, and Apple Connect.
Enter your new username and password.
Notes: Once you’ve successfully created your account, your username can’t be changed.
Click on “Join.”
You are now registered on Fiverr! Please check your registered email address as you will receive an email to activate your account.
Note: The activation link in the email is only valid for 30 days.
In the activation email you received from Fiverr, click on “Activate Your Account.”
Follow the below precautions while creating a new Fiverr account once you’ve deleted the old account.
- Create an email address that is not affiliated with your previous Fiverr account’s email address.
- You will not be able to use your old email address in your new Fiverr account.
- You shouldn’t take any offensive names or usernames which are already taken.
Disadvantages of changing the Fiverr account username
Prior to changing the Fiverr account username, you should take into consideration a few factors. Following are some of the disadvantages of changing the Fiverr account username.
- You’ll have to look for new clients.
- You’ll lose all of your ratings and reviews.
- All of your gigs, along with your account, will be deleted.
- You will not have access to the history and records of sold and purchased gigs.
- For people who have already interacted with your old username (Fiverr’s policy is that once a user has an account, they cannot create another), it might be confusing.
- Your old profile and reviews on Fiverr may take up to a week to be removed.
Advantages of changing the Fiverr account username
Following are a few of the advantages of changing the Fiverr account username.
- Changing your Fiverr username will allow you to get a fresh start under a new, more appropriate name.
- Change your Fiverr username to enhance your online image or how you present yourself.
- If a spammer is impersonating your Fiverr account, you should change your username and leave them with nothing.
- You will get the opportunity to change how you present yourself on other social media platforms and websites.
- The best part about deleting an account is that it’s no longer linked to any of your personal information, so if someone gets their hands on your username, they won’t have access to your personal data.
Why should you not change your Fiverr username?
For the reasons listed below, you should not change your Fiverr username.
- You may lose your loyal and returning customers because you will have a new name and people will be unable to recognize you.
- You will lose your Gigs along with the optimized headline, description, and valuable reviews on them.
- You will have to create a new account, which is a huge waste of time. because it will take a long time.
What is the best way to change your Fiverr username?
The best method is to create a new account with a different username and then inform your existing clients about it.
Then, on your new account, recreate all of your gigs. Now, you may deactivate your old account by going to the account deactivation area and selecting “I have another Fiverr account.”
This way, you can recreate your old Fiverr account while keeping your existing clients by using your old account’s Gigs as a reference.
Follow the below steps to change the profile on Fiverr.
1. Login to your Fiverr account.
2. Click on your profile picture from the Fiverr homepage.
3. Select the “Profile” tab.
4. Tab on edit. Now you may edit your profile information in accordance with Fiverr guidelines.
5. Next, add your profile description, certifications, education, skills, linked accounts, languages, etc.
Click on “Updates”.
Hope you got an idea about how to change the Fiverr username.
In this guide, we have looked at the possible ways to change the Fiverr account username.
Kindly let us know if you have any queries.
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization.He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
With a passion for technology and a natural aptitude for understanding consumer behavior, Jasper has built a successful career in blogging.He has been quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures. With his thick-rimmed glasses and geeky demeanor, Jasper is a true tech nerd at heart.
You can read more about the team here.