Are you trying to block a company page on LinkedIn?
Do you have issues with getting continuous spam job invitations that are of no interest?
If so, then this is the right guide to help you with the task.
There are different reasons for users to block a company page on LinkedIn.
- When you suspect a company is spammy.
- When the job invitations received kept on increasing.
- When you keep on seeing the company’s feeds and posts even if it is declined.
- When you have to block a company due to personal reasons.
In this guide, we will cover different methods to block a company page on LinkedIn. A few of them are mentioned below.
We will discuss each of these methods in detail below.
Block a company on LinkedIn by removing the company’s posts from your feed
To block a company on LinkedIn you should first know the name of the company. If you are not able to recall the exact name of the company then you can do a LinkedIn advanced search to find the company’s name on LinkedIn.
You can follow the steps mentioned in this section to remove a company’s feeds or posts on your Linkedin feed.
Find the company which you want to block from your Linkedin profile
Follow the below steps for searching companies on the LinkedIn app.
- Open the Linkedin account
- Go to the search bar on the top of the page and click enter without typing anything. You can also type the name of company, if required.
- Click on “Companies”.
- Slide the top bar to find “All filters” and click on that to personalize the search results.
- Select the filters that you want to apply and click on “Show results”.
- Now you will be shown with the companies of your choice.
Unfollow the company
Once you find out the company to unfollow the company page on LinkedIn, follow the below steps to unfollow the company page.
- Click on the Company
- Now you will be taken to the company page
- Click on Following.
- Click on the “Unfollow” option present there.
Now you will stop receiving the company’s posts on your feed.
Block a company on LinkedIn by removing the company’s ads from your feed
If you keep on seeing a company’s ad on your feed, you can report it to stop appearing on your feed. Follow the below steps to report the company’s ad on your feed.
- Click on 3 vertical dots on the top right of the post.
- Click on Report this ad
- Click on the required reason for reporting the ad
- Confirm your report
Post will be removed and you will no longer see this ad in your feed.
Block a company on LinkedIn by reporting abuse on the company page
Follow the below steps to report abuse on the company LinkedIn page.
- Login to your Linkedin profile.
- Visit the company page that you want to report abuse.
- Click on “More”.
- Click on the “Report abuse” among the other options.
- Choose the reason for reporting the abuse.
Complete the form by providing the required information.
Click on “Submit”.
Block a company on LinkedIn by updating your Linkedin public profile settings
LinkedIn offers a private mode for its users, the others will not be able to find your profile. This restricts all others from seeing your profile.
Thus, others won’t be able to know about your existence. This prevents anyone from sending you unsolicited offers.
Follow the below steps to make your LinkedIn account private.
- Open “Linkedin” app
- Click on the profile photo on the top of the page when you open through your mobile phone.
- Select “Settings” in the Linkedin App.
- Select “Visibilty”.
You can now control the information you want to share with others. Click on “Profile viewing options”.
- Click on “Private mode”.
- Now they cannot see your profile.
Block a company on LinkedIn by contacting LinkedIn customer support
You can contact the Customer care support of Linkedin when you are not able to solve the issue that you have.
Here we will mention the ways to contact LinkedIn customer support through the LinkedIn app and through the browser on desktop or laptop.
How to contact LinkedIn customer support through LinkedIn app ?
Follow the steps below to contact Customer support through an app on mobile.
- Open the Linkedin app.
- Click on the profile pic on the top left of the page.
- Click on “Settings”.
- Scroll down to find “Help Centre” and click on that.
- Click on the options under “Recommended Topics”.
- Click on “Baiscs”.
- Click on “Contact us” on the bottom left of the page.
- Click on “Get help from us”
- Click on Other.
- Enter the required details. Click on “Create a support ticket”, if you could not find any solution on the results shown.
- Now a form will be displayed. Enter the required details.
- Click on “Submit”.
How to contact LinkedIn customer support through the browser on desktop or laptop?
Follow the steps below to contact Customer support through a browser in a laptop or desktop,
- Open the Linkedin profile on your browser.
- Click on “Me” icon on the top right of the page.
- Select “Help” and click on “Open Help in a new tab”.
- Select “Help” and click on “Open Help in a new tab”.
- Click on any Recommended Topics.
- Scroll down and click on “Contact Us”( if you can’t find the Contact Us there, then ).
- Click on “Get help from us”.
- Click on “Other”.
- Enter your issue.
- Click on “Create a support ticket”, if you could not find any solution on the results shown.
- Complete all the required files and click on “Submit”.
Hope you get an idea about blocking companies on LinkedIn. Kindly let us know if you have any queries.
Was this page helpful?
Jasper Reed is the founder of heyhowtodoit.com with 8+ years of experience in Search Engine Optimization.He has researched, tested, and written hundreds of articles ranging from social media platforms to messaging apps.
With a passion for technology and a natural aptitude for understanding consumer behavior, Jasper has built a successful career in blogging.He has been quoted and referenced by major publications and media companies.
An avid traveler and tech enthusiast, Jasper loves to explore new places and experience different cultures. With his thick-rimmed glasses and geeky demeanor, Jasper is a true tech nerd at heart.
You can read more about the team here.